Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anybody else taken possession of their new sport, opened the hood and discovered that the rubber/plastic engine cover isn't there. The service guy tried telling me that he doesn't think they include those anymore. In a polite way my response was bullshit! Turns out the complete listing of the parts for my sport said "Less engine cover"

I talked to my salesman and the sales manager. He said he's had that complaint from a couple of his customers, and doesn't know what's going on. They both agreed that is serves a valuable purpose! The dealer, who had been great to work with, is going to order it and pay for it.

I assume that Ford is getting cheap! These serve a purpose, muffle the noise a little and to insulate the engine heat from the hood. I'm guessing that by the time the paint cracks, fades, or you get that ring from the engine heat, they hope we'll have sold it, the warranty will be up, or they'll probably just say the it's not covered!

The Badlands and First Edition have the insulation installed on the underside of the hood! if this gets to be too much of a hassle, I'll just buy it and install it. It"s only $168 for all of the parts. I may get the Badlands insulation and have it installed on the hood if that possible!

Anyway, frustrat
Sponsored

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
I have a 2020 Mustang that does have a engine cover and insulation but some getting the 21 Mustang are also reporting no engine cover.
I personally don’t care about the engine cover but was surprised the first time I popped the hood on the OB and saw there was no insulation.
About five years ago the insulation on my 2012 Jeep was coming apart so I ripped it out and to this day hasn’t caused any problems.
BTW, when did they start having that ? I think the first time I saw insulation was over 20 years ago and yes some vehicles had hood paint problems but paint “back in the day “ was crap. So who knows.
I just looked at the under side of the hood and it appears to have holes to attach the insulation, so I wonder if it’s a vendor problem being slow producing the the engine cover and hood insulation like the full size Broncos hard tops and they needed to keep the line moving ?

Last edited:

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Does anyone know why ?
It is a supply issue. The plastic parts are not made in this country or Mexico and have to be imported in. Currently there is a bottleneck at the ports with container ships not being able to get unloaded. In addition to that there is a problem getting ANY plastic or rubber part made due to the scarcity of the products needed to make them - the primary one being petroleum. The Bronco Sport shares the same engine cover with the Escape, Maverick, Corsair and probably a few other models. So Ford probably decided to just drop the engine cover off instead of shutting down production lines or the numbers of vehicles produced. Keep in mind also, that the engines also are not made in the US or Mexico.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
LOL

Ford Bronco Sport Missing Engine Cover 204ECEFD-4FF2-4151-9700-DEE720070A1C

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Has anybody else taken possession of their new sport, opened the hood and discovered that the rubber/plastic engine cover isn't there. The service guy tried telling me that he doesn't think they include those anymore. In a polite way my response was bullshit! Turns out the complete listing of the parts for my sport said "Less engine cover"

I talked to my salesman and the sales manager. He said he's had that complaint from a couple of his customers, and doesn't know what's going on. They both agreed that is serves a valuable purpose! The dealer, who had been great to work with, is going to order it and pay for it.

I assume that Ford is getting cheap! These serve a purpose, muffle the noise a little and to insulate the engine heat from the hood. I'm guessing that by the time the paint cracks, fades, or you get that ring from the engine heat, they hope we'll have sold it, the warranty will be up, or they'll probably just say the it's not covered!

The Badlands and First Edition have the insulation installed on the underside of the hood! if this gets to be too much of a hassle, I'll just buy it and install it. It"s only $168 for all of the parts. I may get the Badlands insulation and have it installed on the hood if that possible!

Anyway, frustrat
ZeroCool posted the thread link for engine cover conversation adnauseum. Have fun

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's great that they are taking care of you, but it isn't "missing". I think that's why these threads are so jarring.

I still want someone to post a scientific experiment showing that the cover either insulates heat or deadens sound to any significant, measurable amount. Like, with decibel meters and IR temp guns or a really discrete thermal camera. For every person on the internet that says it "insulates", another claims it "traps" extra heat and promotes wear. But, like, I can look right through the body panel gaps on this car. How sealed do you think the engine compartment is?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It's great that they are taking care of you, but it isn't "missing". I think that's why these threads are so jarring.

I still want someone to post a scientific experiment showing that the cover either insulates heat or deadens sound to any significant, measurable amount. Like, with decibel meters and IR temp guns or a really discrete thermal camera. For every person on the internet that says it "insulates", another claims it "traps" extra heat and promotes wear. But, like, I can look right through the body panel gaps on this car. How sealed do you think the engine compartment is?
I honestly cannot remember the number of cars I drove growing up that had neither and they lasted forever, hood paint and all. Personally I like hearing the hard to hear sounds of my engine. Let's me know when something small is off.

Engine covers are almost an excuse not to maintain an engine cause no one know what is even under their cover!! LMAO. I once said PCV to someone and they are like…is that the plastic in the engine? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Missing Engine Cover 0D004AAA-6156-4476-8FB9-5469165D0807

Last edited:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I honestly cannot remember the number of cars I drove growing up that had neither and they lasted forever, hood paint and all. Personally I like hearing the hard to hear sounds of my engine. Let's me know when something small is off.

Engine covers are almost an excuse not to maintain an engine cause no one know what is even under their cover!! LMAO. I once said PCV to someone and they are like…is that the plastic in the engine? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Missing Engine Cover 0D004AAA-6156-4476-8FB9-5469165D0807
PCV, is that the plastic in the engine?. :cwl: BTW nice pic of a 68 Mustang engine bay.