Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
First I’d like to put it out there that I appreciate driving a vehicle with actual buttons and knobs. My last car had an 11” infotainment screen that controlled the HVAC. It also took a long time to load up. Having everything incorporated into the infotainment screen is an accident waiting to happen (Pun intended). This leads me to the title of this thread. I wish the HVAC controls were a little higher. Right where that bin/shelf area is would’ve been more ideal. While the dials on the controls are nicely sized (albeit w/o the temp displays) which makes them easy to control without taking your eyes off the road, the buttons that are in between them are somewhat harder to navigate. Some of them are of a decent size: Auto, Max AC, Lower Air Flow direction but I have to divert my eyes, just for a second, to check if I pressed the other buttons correctly. IMO, I believe it would’ve been more convenient and safer if the HVAC controls were bumped up a little higher.

Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For me, the HVAC is pretty much set and forget, yes sometimes I adjust the temp up or down a few degrees, my 2021 displays the temp on the dial as well as on the display. I run in auto mode most of the time and the system does the rest, no big deal.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
For me, the HVAC is pretty much set and forget, yes sometimes I adjust the temp up or down a few degrees, my 2021 displays the temp on the dial as well as on the display. I run in auto mode most of the time and the system does the rest, no big deal.
Yeah I get the whole set and forget having an auto HVAC… but with kids sitting in the back and with this person wanting it high/low etc…My thing also was looking for the rear/front defrost, recirc… I was getting lost. New car so…

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN: design a dash layout with buttons/knobs and screen that demand you take your eyes off the road and expend thought processes on them.

THEN: design a body layout that incorporates as may blind spots as possible.

I don't get it?

Makes my butt crave a 1983 base ranger. Controls at a glance with no learning curve (you could also slide over to recirculate and stay there until the end of time if you so desired) and plenty of glass to peep through all around.

Windows 98 2 clicks to get where/what you wanted.
Windows 11 14 clicks to get same.

I just cannot understand making things more difficult than need be. I do not need extra stuff going on just to make me feel as if I'm accomplishing something monumental.

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy.

Rant: Off

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport

THEN: design a dash layout with buttons/knobs and screen that demand you take your eyes off the road and expend thought processes on them.

I don't get it?

Makes my butt crave a 1983 base ranger. Controls at a glance with no learning curve (you could also slide over to recirculate and stay there until the end of time if you so desired) and plenty of glass to peep through all around.

I just cannot understand making things more difficult than need be. I do not need extra stuff going on just to make me feel as if I'm accomplishing something monumental.

Ironically, I got this BS because it supposedly has less tech than my previous car. But man, I’ve never had a car that ticks, clicks and hums as much as this one does when turned off. Wondering what’s working in the background.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Temperature control in the car? I use Auto. Set it and forget it. 72 degrees, winter and summer. I don't use the heated seat. Makes me feel incontinent.🥴

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
IMO means - wait for it - In My Opinion. I know, mind blowing. Try it out… In your own thread. I guarantee it’ll be a cathartic experience.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
IMO means - wait for it - In My Opinion. I know, mind blowing. Try it out… In your own thread. I guarantee it’ll be a cathartic experience.
Did you not want people to respond to your post?

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Did you not want people to respond to your post?
Where? Find where I asked for other opinions in this thread? Because I actually do have threads elsewhere that I have specifically asked what other people thought. Not this one. People just want to be trolls. And if you were genuinely concerned about my wanting other opinions you could’ve sent me a private message.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Where? Find where I asked for other opinions in this thread? Because I actually do have threads elsewhere that I have specifically asked what other people thought. Not this one. People just want to be trolls. And if you were genuinely concerned about my wanting other opinions you could’ve sent me a private message.
Merry Christmas! Bless your heart.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang

I don't get it?

I agree with you 100%, new vehicles have too much gadgets & electrical junk in them. I loved my 90's & early 2000's Rangers & my current ride 2005 F150. IMHO putting all this so called "safety equipment" is making people more dependent on the vehicle doing the things the driver is supposed to be responsible for doing. But I am with you maybe just a "grumpy old man".

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
who’s trolling who

you post on an internet forum while not wanting responses. But then offer up a private message option. You obviously need the attention (the basic definition of a troll).

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Temperature control in the car? I use Auto. Set it and forget it. 72 degrees, winter and summer. I don't use the heated seat. Makes me feel incontinent.🥴
Same as me except I use the heated seats and heated steering wheel. Other than than, I leave it alone.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
First I’d like to put it out there that I appreciate driving a vehicle with actual buttons and knobs. My last car had an 11” infotainment screen that controlled the HVAC. It also took a long time to load up. Having everything incorporated into the infotainment screen is an accident waiting to happen (Pun intended). This leads me to the title of this thread. I wish the HVAC controls were a little higher. Right where that bin/shelf area is would’ve been more ideal. While the dials on the controls are nicely sized (albeit w/o the temp displays) which makes them easy to control without taking your eyes off the road, the buttons that are in between them are somewhat harder to navigate. Some of them are of a decent size: Auto, Max AC, Lower Air Flow direction but I have to divert my eyes, just for a second, to check if I pressed the other buttons correctly. IMO, I believe it would’ve been more convenient and safer if the HVAC controls were bumped up a little higher.

I agree with you about the placement. A higher position would be a little safer, easier to use and less distracting.

I don't keep my settings on auto, just my way of driving. Everything off till I decide what I want to use. All the controls are simple and easy to use.
Sponsored