BS Badlands survived a ~40 Mph collision w/minor damage- also need replacement Number recommendations

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi all,
We were in the middle of a large multi-car pileup today in Dallas, and wanted to report that our BS Badlands survived it very well (wife and I are unharmed also). 2 key points to share:
1. The collision avoidance worked perfectly and stopped us less than 6 inches from the car in front of us - not sure exactly how close we were but it was very short being a busy city highway
2. Built very solid- the car that hit us was badly damaged and inoperable(driver is OK), we drove away with minor bumper and tailgate damage

Question for everyone - has anyone seen a well-built aftermarket bumper yet for the Bronco Sport? Looking to get away from the stock plastic ASAP.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport BS Badlands survived a ~40 Mph collision w/minor damage- also need replacement Number recommendations IMG_4555

Ford Bronco Sport BS Badlands survived a ~40 Mph collision w/minor damage- also need replacement Number recommendations IMG_4551
Sponsored

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Thankfully you and everyone are alright! It’s good to know how safe these vehicles are. I can see why you’d want a different bumper, haven’t seen anything yet..

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Thankfully you and everyone are alright! It’s good to know how safe these vehicles are. I can see why you’d want a different bumper, haven’t seen anything yet..
Did it actually stop the bronco without you smashing the break ?

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Glad you’re ok, bought my BS OB from the same dealer.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Did it actually stop the bronco without you smashing the break ?
I have the collision avoidance system on my Escape, and yes, it does stop the vehicle before you even have the chance to react.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all,
We were in the middle of a large multi-car pileup today in Dallas, and wanted to report that our BS Badlands survived it very well (wife and I are unharmed also). 2 key points to share:
1. The collision avoidance worked perfectly and stopped us less than 6 inches from the car in front of us - not sure exactly how close we were but it was very short being a busy city highway
2. Built very solid- the car that hit us was badly damaged and inoperable(driver is OK), we drove away with minor bumper and tailgate damage

Question for everyone - has anyone seen a well-built aftermarket bumper yet for the Bronco Sport? Looking to get away from the stock plastic ASAP.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport BS Badlands survived a ~40 Mph collision w/minor damage- also need replacement Number recommendations IMG_4555

Ford Bronco Sport BS Badlands survived a ~40 Mph collision w/minor damage- also need replacement Number recommendations IMG_4551
When you say that it stopped you from the car in front of you, is that after you were rear ended that it still kept you from becoming a missile into a multi car crash?

OP
OP
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When you say that it stopped you from the car in front of you, is that after you were rear ended that it still kept you from becoming a missile into a multi car crash?
Yes exactly- 100% we were going to impact, but once the emergency functions did their thing we stopped about 6 inches from the next car

OP
OP
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the support! I can't believe we are able to drive it after all that, but it's safe for sure!!!

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
What if someone needs to intentionally hit an obstacle at low speed, like a bump gate? Would the system allow that, or can it be turned off?

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
What if someone needs to intentionally hit an obstacle at low speed, like a bump gate? Would the system allow that, or can it be turned off?
You can turn off the warning; not sure if it turns off that feature tho. I'll have to check the manual; should confirm it there

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Glad everyone is well. If you do find an aftermarket bumper please post it on the fourm with a link. That would be great. Also I'm slightly confused about the automatic stopping system.
1. Was your Bronco completely stopped, then were you rear ended, pushed forward and the system stopped you?
OR
2. We're you driving before being rear ended and the system stopped you, thanks.
Sponsored