wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not an important post, but if your looking for a good quality, soft microfiber cloth at a very reasonable price, Dollar Tree is the place.

I can
attest to the quality of these as I have been using them for the last couple of years for detailing my cars, home use, etc.

Dollar Tree is now selling everything at $1.25 as you may know, so that's the price as of now. Sometimes in stock, sometimes not.

Same cloth, very different prices.

Dollar Tree -- $1.25 each
Amazon ---- $5.67 each
Walmart --- $14.25 for 2

Ford Bronco Sport Microfiber cloths MICROFIBER 1

Ford Bronco Sport Microfiber cloths MICROFIBER 3

Ford Bronco Sport Microfiber cloths MICROFIBER 2
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Great tip, but I bought these: https://a.co/d/2c7zUse
price works out to $2.14 a towel before sales tax. They’re a little bigger and thicker than the average, so if you don’t want that, this isn’t for you. I bought two sided tape and 1/2” hanger hooks at Dollar Tree. The tape worked out great for moving the Misc/phone/sunglass holder from the 22 to the 23. I put one of the hooks inside the glove box and slid the strap (trash bag) onto it. Now my nylon trash bag doesn’t fall off every time I open the glove box to get or put away something.

Suggestion If you go shopping at Dollar Tree: 1. Bring your reusable bags (all of them). 2. Get a regular cart. It’s amazing how many things you will find that you need. 3. Don’t wait for the next trip, buy it now. They may not have it the next time you come in. 4. If you live alone, make sure to check the food aisle. Personally, I’m a fan of $1.25 & $2.50 meals.

My local store (Poulsbo) doesn’t have a freezer case, but the store in many areas (Silverdale is one) have freezer cases. Watch yourself there. Quite a few freezer items are $5.00. Have fun.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not sure if anyone posted the Costco product but these show as $0.53 per towel and even less when they go on sale.

Ford Bronco Sport Microfiber cloths 1694478063302

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Will they change their name to "Dollar and a quarter Tree"?

Thanks for the tip. I usually grab a bag of these from my local auto parts store. I go through them as if they are a paper towel roll.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not sure if anyone posted the Costco product but these show as $0.53 per towel and even less when they go on sale.

Ford Bronco Sport Microfiber cloths 1694478063302
I have these also, either from Costco or Sam's. They work well also.

The one's from Dollar Tree are super soft comparatively to these, and I believe are less damaging to paint and especially the screens in the dash.

Give them a try, for a $1.25 they might have a place on your shelf.

franksmissing

First Edition
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Great tip, but I bought these: https://a.co/d/2c7zUse
price works out to $2.14 a towel before sales tax. They’re a little bigger and thicker than the average, so if you don’t want that, this isn’t for you. I bought two sided tape and 1/2” hanger hooks at Dollar Tree. The tape worked out great for moving the Misc/phone/sunglass holder from the 22 to the 23. I put one of the hooks inside the glove box and slid the strap (trash bag) onto it. Now my nylon trash bag doesn’t fall off every time I open the glove box to get or put away something. Suggestion If you go shopping at Dollar Tree: 1. Bring your reusable bags (all of them). 2. Get a regular cart. It’s amazing how many things you here will find that you need. 3. Don’t wait for the next trip, buy it now. They may not have it the next time you come in. 4. If you live alone, make sure to check the food aisle. Personally, I’m a fan of $1.25 & $2.50 meals.
My local store (Poulsbo) doesn’t have a freezer case, but the store in many areas (Silverdale is one) have freezer cases. Watch yourself there. Quite a few freezer items are $5.00. Have fun.
By the way, I also buy on Amazon only from microfiber, they are of better quality and more durable!

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
By the way, I also buy on Amazon only from microfiber, they are of better quality and more durable!
I know there are many options out there for microfiber cloths. I've tried a lot of them, including Adams polishing cloths.

I put these out there as an option. I have used 1 of them for 2 years, numerous washes and it's still soft and does the job. For a $1.25 you can't go wrong. The quality is far above its price point.

I use a microfiber detergent in the wash machine and never use fabric softener for cleaning.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I was intrigued by these I found at the local Wally World. At 20 cents a "towel" I don't think you can go too wrong. You can't easily wash and reuse those $2 microfiber towels, so why not use a cheap one and then relegate it to dipsticks and whatnot?
Ford Bronco Sport Microfiber cloths Capture.JPG

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
I’m of the camp to spend money on higher quality microfiber for specific tasks. My go to source: https://www.autogeek.net/cobra-microfiber-towels.html

Better tools makes a difference for cleaning, polishing, and removing residue. It mattered more when I used wax/sealants, less so with ceramic coatings. However, a higher quality product still performs better.

The cheaper microfibers are good for interior work and general purpose cleaning around the house. No right or wrong here, if it works and you’re happy, run with it.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks so much. If we can save a few bucks I'm all for it.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
if just washing my vehicle, i'm all for firing up my leaf blower and using that to dry the thing.

Heck, i had one car that was an absolute mess inside after winter. Opened all the doors, cranked up the backpack blower and let 'er rip. That's one way to get stuff out of your car.... FAST!! :cwl:

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I use these Dollar Tree cloths for detailing after drying, not for drying. They really don’t absorb water very well. I use Griots Garage spray detailer also.
As usual here in SoCal, it doesn’t rain much at all during the summer so the BL stays pretty clean.
Just a quick spray and wipe down keeps it looking good. They have a completely different texture and feel than most of the other microfiber cloth’s out there. Give one a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed.
Sponsored