Ironman482

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport
Not sure if this is the right page for this , if not please move , so I bought my 23 BS in Nov 23 new at a dealership in texas that will remain unnamed for now , after 1200 miles I had fast lane do the 1st oil change ,even though they recommended 5k-6k miles , that was back in Jan and I didn't ck the oil after the oil change ( shame on me ) a couple of days ago while filling up with gas I cked the oil and was stunned nothing on the stick , at least not the part with the little holes in it , I rechecked it three times to make sure , the dealership was only a couple of miles away so I took it to them and explained the problem , so fastlane pulled it in and I could see the tech as there's a window fa ING the waiting area , 3 different techs are looking under the hood and then one pulls the hose with the oil fill nozzle over for about 10 seconds , then then main tech( I assume) sits in the driver's seat with a scan tool for at least 20 minutes, several other techs walk up to him and talk during this time , finally they raised it up and looked for leaks , none found , when the tech wrote up the order it said " added one half quart oil checked for leaks none found " , they didn't charge me anything, but I'm calling BS ,there's no way it was only 1/2 quart low , I noticed my mpg has been getting worse over the last 3 weeks , I think they under filled the engine when they did the oil change back in Jan, that was 2600 miles ago , I understand some of this is own me for not cking the oil sooner but on a new car I wasn't concerned with cking as often, is it possible that the tech was erasing data on the computer in that 20 minutes he was in the cab , and what are my options.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Almost no options, your word against theirs

But you should verify your specific vehicle oil capacity and check the dealership records to see how much oil is stated they put in.

Your 1.5L takes more oil than the early model year 1.5L engines. Make sure their records show the correct amount of oil for the oil pan on your engine. I am just assuming you have the 1.5L and not a 2L Badlands .. I didn’t look at your profile.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Since you have a 23 BB, the oil capacity is 6.6 qts rather than the early 5+ quarts. Here's the addendum page of the owner's manual in case yours does not mention it. They probably used the old capacity number when they changed the oil. Cheers!

Ford Bronco Sport Low oil level after 3400 miles? Cap & Spec Add Front

Ford Bronco Sport Low oil level after 3400 miles? Cap & Spec Add Back

OP
OP

Ironman482

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport
I have the 1.5 , I'm reluctant to ask the service department anything as I belive they're covering their buttons at this point , I do ha e the 80k bumper to bumper warranty that was almost 4k extra but just k ow Ford will try to weasel out of paying for a new motor if they can , something fishy is going on though , there's no way it was a half quart low , I wish there was a way to tell if the history of the computers data was tampered with , I was getting 31.pg with premium gas before I upgraded to taller tires and only dropped to 29 after but now it's go e down to 26 , I'm afraid there's been some engine and or turbo damage done although the BS seems to be running fine.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt there would be engine/turbo damage unless the oil pressure light came on and you kept driving. My 22 BB has 19k on it now and it basically has averaged 26-27 mpg (with 235/65-17 Michelin Cross Climate SUV tires). Cheers!

OP
OP

Ironman482

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport
Found the invoice they used 5.5 quarts of oil for the oil change , I suppose it's possible if it used a 1/2 quart in 2500 miles that 2 quarts low might put it that low on the dip stick, if that's the case maybe I'm worried over nothing 5 quarts should be a safe amount, but I'm going to do my own oil change next month and cut the filter in half to see if there's any metal in it , then I'll be able to sleep better.

OP
OP

Ironman482

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport
When I do the oil change myself at least I'll know which oil pan I have. Plus I bought the aluminum skid plate and if I take it to fast lane they will probably complain or outright refuse to do the oil change ,so I'll just do my own and document it very well for warranty verification, besides gotta justify that vehicle lift I bought 7 yrs ago

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you suspect an oil leak what about having florescent dye put into the oil so that if there is a leak you will be able to trace where it coming from.

OP
OP

Ironman482

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport
No leak, I would have noticed, I park on concrete, and I've had in the air a few times , installing a lift and a hitch .

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Not sure if this is the right page for this , if not please move , so I bought my 23 BS in Nov 23 new at a dealership in texas that will remain unnamed for now , after 1200 miles I had fast lane do the 1st oil change ,even though they recommended 5k-6k miles , that was back in Jan and I didn't ck the oil after the oil change ( shame on me ) a couple of days ago while filling up with gas I cked the oil and was stunned nothing on the stick , at least not the part with the little holes in it , I rechecked it three times to make sure , the dealership was only a couple of miles away so I took it to them and explained the problem , so fastlane pulled it in and I could see the tech as there's a window fa ING the waiting area , 3 different techs are looking under the hood and then one pulls the hose with the oil fill nozzle over for about 10 seconds , then then main tech( I assume) sits in the driver's seat with a scan tool for at least 20 minutes, several other techs walk up to him and talk during this time , finally they raised it up and looked for leaks , none found , when the tech wrote up the order it said " added one half quart oil checked for leaks none found " , they didn't charge me anything, but I'm calling BS ,there's no way it was only 1/2 quart low , I noticed my mpg has been getting worse over the last 3 weeks , I think they under filled the engine when they did the oil change back in Jan, that was 2600 miles ago , I understand some of this is own me for not cking the oil sooner but on a new car I wasn't concerned with cking as often, is it possible that the tech was erasing data on the computer in that 20 minutes he was in the cab , and what are my options.
Do you mean Quick Lane not Fast Lane?

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
I always open the hood of All my vehicles after a Tech works on my SUV, They are rushed sometimes working on more than one vehicle. I check my oil dipstick, oil cap and cleanliness( grease and oil stins by tech) . My Dealership Knows me and if I complain they know I am tough. My reasoning is I pay a premium for Dealership labor and parts but it is recorded for warranty purposes. If you were only one half qt low it should not effect the engine but I would check it weekly to see if there is an issue. If in a garage put a piece of cardbo under the engine area to observe any fluid dropping. I too got my first oil change early but I changed to Pennzoil Full Synthetic (1800 miles). My service writer before I closed my purchase informed me that it was best not to go over 4000 miles between oil changes. Good luck,
I have only 4500 miles on my BB and have not experienced any issues.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I always open the hood of All my vehicles after a Tech works on my SUV, They are rushed sometimes working on more than one vehicle. I check my oil dipstick, oil cap and cleanliness( grease and oil stins by tech) . My Dealership Knows me and if I complain they know I am tough. My reasoning is I pay a premium for Dealership labor and parts but it is recorded for warranty purposes. If you were only one half qt low it should not effect the engine but I would check it weekly to see if there is an issue. If in a garage put a piece of cardbo under the engine area to observe any fluid dropping. I too got my first oil change early but I changed to Pennzoil Full Synthetic (1800 miles). My service writer before I closed my purchase informed me that it was best not to go over 4000 miles between oil changes. Good luck,
I have only 4500 miles on my BB and have not experienced any issues.
I'd be asking that service adviser why he goes against what Ford indicates in the owners manual under maintenance:

"When to Expect the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED Message Interval:
Vehicle Use and Example Normal 7,500–10,000 mi (12,000–16,000 km) Normal commuting with highway driving

Vehicle Use and example - moderate, load or towing Flat to moderately hilly roads No extended idling Severe 5,000–7,500 mi (8,000–12,000 km) Moderate to heavy load or towing Mountainous or off-road conditions Extended idling Extended hot or cold operation Extreme 3,000–5,000 mi (5,000–8,000 km) Maximum load or towing Extreme hot or cold operation Extended engine idling

In the above recommended schedule, even severe can take you higher than 4K.

Maybe he knows something we all need to know?

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
I'd be asking that service adviser why he goes against what Ford indicates in the owners manual under maintenance:

Vehicle Use and Example Normal 7,500–10,000 mi (12,000–16,000 km) Normal commuting with highway driving

Vehicle Use and example - moderate, load or towing Flat to moderately hilly roads No extended idling Severe 5,000–7,500 mi (8,000–12,000 km) Moderate to heavy load or towing Mountainous or off-road conditions Extended idling Extended hot or cold operation Extreme 3,000–5,000 mi (5,000–8,000 km) Maximum load or towing Extreme hot or cold operation Extended engine idling

In the above recommended schedule, even severe can take you higher than 4K.

Maybe he knows something we all need to know?
I have been retired for several years and although I enjoy some travel most of my daily commutes are low mileage and in heavy traffic conditions with the A/c running continuously as I live in South Florida. I like the Dragon engine but it does emit a considerable amount of carbon . So because of this I will be using mostly 93 octane fuel with a K/N air filter with oil change intervals of no longer than 4000 miles. Sure it will be more costly but I believe in the long run will reduce some engine related issues caused by carbon buildup. I read the manual
and if I were on the road as in my past putting 1000 miles or more per week I would go the extra distance in mileage between changes..

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have been having the oil changed at 7500 miles which in my case is before the oil life monitor says it's time. I have not had any oil use issues.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been having the oil changed at 7500 miles which in my case is before the oil life monitor says it's time. I have not had any oil use issues.
Same for me. I did switch to full synthetic on mine. Cheers!
Sponsored