Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
We got our OB February first of this year. Got nothing but good news since we've had it. Average 32 to 33 MPG on the highway and about 24 around town. Let's hope it stays that way!
We are thrilled to hear that you love being behind the wheel of your Bronco, Patrick!

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
We got ours around the same time (late January) and it's been knock on wood. It's my mom's primary car but I'll drive it every so often and it drives well, has everything and then some, looks great, and is a comfortable family car when needed. We averaged an astounding 36 mpg one time on a highway drive. It's almost as efficient as my Maverick, at least on the highway. The city mileage is around yours, 24 or sometimes less. The Maverick has been averaging 26-27 mpg with AWD so that's not half bad. I'm very happy with both vehicles. Glad you can say the same about yours.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We got ours around the same time (late January) and it's been knock on wood. It's my mom's primary car but I'll drive it every so often and it drives well, has everything and then some, looks great, and is a comfortable family car when needed. We averaged an astounding 36 mpg one time on a highway drive. It's almost as efficient as my Maverick, at least on the highway. The city mileage is around yours, 24 or sometimes less. The Maverick has been averaging 26-27 mpg with AWD so that's not half bad. I'm very happy with both vehicles. Glad you can say the same about yours.
Hi do you get such good mileage? Is it a 3 cyl engine ? My BL gets 24-26 max anywhere

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Our BB gets 29 MPG.

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hi do you get such good mileage? Is it a 3 cyl engine ? My BL gets 24-26 max anywhere
Outerbanks are the 1.5L 3 cylinder engines. I also have an OB and my mileage is similar. My last two tanks of driving 100% in town were 29 mpg and 30 mpg. Now my in town driving involves quite a few roads where I can drive long stretches at 35-40 mph. So I think that’s why I’m getting such good MPGs. I also drive in eco mode when in town.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It's the 1.5L 3-cylinder that's standard on the Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks trim. The Badlands comes standard with the 2.0L 4-cylinder. They're known to be more thirsty. The highway drives are where this car shines. Around town it averages in the low 20s just like the 4-cylinder.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Seems like mileage is all over the place with these things. I've never cracked 30 mpg in any sort of driving, any mode. :facepalm:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Seems like mileage is all over the place with these things. I've never cracked 30 mpg in any sort of driving, any mode. :facepalm:
BSs are not aerodynamic and wind resistance really affects mileage. I've gotten 30 on the road with good conditions and lower speed limits on both my21 and 23 BL. At 80 mph on the interstate I get low 20's.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My Badlands gets good mileage. At 60 mph average speed, I've gotten up to 34 going downhill with the wind behind me. Average for the last 4000 mile is close to 28 mpg.

I do a lot of slow speed driving (30 mph) mixed with highway. Only time I got 22-24 miles/gallon was pulling my loaded 4x7 trailer with a pickup cap on it. Putting a roof box on top also reduced my mileage considerably.
Sponsored