kelphil29

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if the parts warranty covers anything like this? I am guessing I was driving one day and the screw that holds the splash guard (right term) secure and it burned off a corner of it on the tire as I was driving. Is something like this covered under warranty? I just have no clue when it happened. I’m driving a 2022 Bronco Sport that I’ve had since February 2022. It’s a little over a year old so seems crazy to already have a damage part.

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard 55B9F1F3-6790-4921-A93D-5C1141AFD7FF

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard CE3ACEF7-B914-4930-BE9D-160126C531DF

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard 7B052DD3-E14D-428B-902F-3C2D7959173C

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard 483D83D0-6A24-4456-8BAE-A7467C4C6754
Sponsored

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the exact same looking deflector on the same side, it seems like it is a common occurrence with a few posts I have seen here and on FB.

Not sure myself but I am curious about warranty.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mine is broken too but I think it’s operator error with a low parking barrier.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The little plastic part actually holds the wheel well liner in place. I'm currently waiting for the local dealership to get the part so it can be installed on the front passenger side. And yes, I have to pay for it.

OP
OP
kelphil29

kelphil29

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have the exact same looking deflector on the same side, it seems like it is a common occurrence with a few posts I have seen here and on FB.

Not sure myself but I am curious about warranty.
Wow. Seems like a warranty should cover it if it's happening to lots of people.

OP
OP
kelphil29

kelphil29

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The little plastic part actually holds the wheel well liner in place. I'm currently waiting for the local dealership to get the part so it can be installed on the front passenger side. And yes, I have to pay for it.
I just can't remember if I drove over anything that seemed like a parking barrier to push it into the tire. Also seems like I was going a higher speed if it burned a tire shaped corner into it. How much is it to replace?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Have you tried taking it to your dealer for warranty coverage claim? Maybe you could catch them in a good mood.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I am guessing...
This is the key phrase—it's not possible to determine why your splash guard fell off. Whether or not you get warranty coverage for it will depend greatly on the relationship you have with your dealership service department. This is one of the reasons I try to keep all my interactions with them as civil as possible...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
It appears from your pictures that the screw has been missing for a little while. The part of the flap that is missing looks like it was worn away by the tire. The strands hanging from the edge and the shape of the surface where the material is missing are what make me think that. In the end it doesn’t really matter how long it has been like that. I’m just saying that the flap isn’t broken but has been worn away.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Were the splash guards factory installed or dealer installed? Doesn't matter, either installation could be considered a workmanship issue, being that the screw fell out allowing the splash guard to contact the tire causing the splash guard to be damaged. If that's one of the deflectors that's on the front side of the front wheels and it came in contact with a parking stop the deflector could have been distorted enough to cause the screw to pull out, then it would be on you.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It looks like wind deflector on front bumper of 3 cyl and if so factory installed.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if the parts warranty covers anything like this? I am guessing I was driving one day and the screw that holds the splash guard (right term) secure and it burned off a corner of it on the tire as I was driving. Is something like this covered under warranty? I just have no clue when it happened. I’m driving a 2022 Bronco Sport that I’ve had since February 2022. It’s a little over a year old so seems crazy to already have a damage part.

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard 55B9F1F3-6790-4921-A93D-5C1141AFD7FF

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard CE3ACEF7-B914-4930-BE9D-160126C531DF

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard 7B052DD3-E14D-428B-902F-3C2D7959173C

Ford Bronco Sport Loose screw caused damage to splash guard 483D83D0-6A24-4456-8BAE-A7467C4C6754
This is not a splash guard. This is a deflector. It deflects air around the tire/wheel assembly. These are installed forward of all four wheels.

I also experienced this and the deflector became jammed against the moving tire and tore half of the inner fender liner out and damaged the front bumper. All because of a loose screw. See attached link regarding previous thread.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/front-deflector-issue-caused-damage.4788/

OP
OP
kelphil29

kelphil29

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Oh man! That's awful! You'd think since these things are on the front underside of the vehicle, they would secure the screws better.

OP
OP
kelphil29

kelphil29

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Were the splash guards factory installed or dealer installed? Doesn't matter, either installation could be considered a workmanship issue, being that the screw fell out allowing the splash guard to contact the tire causing the splash guard to be damaged. If that's one of the deflectors that's on the front side of the front wheels and it came in contact with a parking stop the deflector could have been distorted enough to cause the screw to pull out, then it would be on you.
I went by the dealer today and the man I spoked with said I'd be better off ordering the part myself and replacing it, but that it isn't covered under warranty. Seems like it should be a recall at this point, since it's happening to more people. The reason I think I didn't run into anything and that the screw just came loose at a high speed is that there are no scratches on the front side of the deflector. And the tire burn shape is the exact shape as if it were bent straight back. Anyway, I'll be ordering it and just screwing on a new one. Thanks for the help!

bdigna

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have heard that the replacement part is very cheap, less than $20 to buy it. The exact thing happened to me, and I found the passenger side screw loose as well. I ended up removing both the front deflectors and putting the screw back in. My BS isn’t known for good mileage anyway :)
Sponsored