MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Is it wrong if my Atari and Nintendo still work..and I occasionally bring them out at Christmas for nostalgia and to teach the Instagram generation about classic fun?
Wrong? You sir are doing the absolute correct thing! Mine might be hooked up & ready to go (ok the NES is on a shelf in the basement for now) as is proven by my view of the family room tv this morning as I get caught up on the forums. If nothing else the Atari is a perfect decor item for a Nixon era bungalow. Actually it’s been my experience that kids introduced to these ’old’ games enjoy them as much as we did.

Ford Bronco Sport Long weekend: start the bad Dad Jokes — as my kids say 67DA2AB5-5CB4-4FD7-9FE2-F2340936E774
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
When they were younger my kids called those "square DVDs..." Bless their rotten little hearts.
Before vinyl became popular again a buddy of mine had a box of records in his basement which his then young daughter discovered one day. Wanting to know what they are, & without a turntable to actually demonstrate on, he explained it to her. Her response was ‘well why didn’t they just use CD’s?’. Ugh nowadays today’s kids I’m not sure even would know what a CD is.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’ll wear my GenX label with pride, but then I remember I am getting old now too…
Ford Bronco Sport Long weekend: start the bad Dad Jokes — as my kids say 1653714588281
Ok, except for pong, I bought these for my kids! That explains the “scratch”.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok, except for pong, I bought these for my kids! That explains the “scratch”.
Oh yes indeed! I think this is where the kids today would throw out an ‘ok boomer’ lol. I jest, but really goes to show the huge changes we’ve seen during our lifetimes. ’Scratch‘ indeed. My folks who grew up without TV were quite resistant to buying an Atari at first. It’ll wreck the TV, a not inconsequential concern when these things cost the equivalent of thousands today & you only had 1 in the house. You kids will spend too much time watching tv & not enough outside, a concern of parents that’s only gotten worse as nowadays everybody is worried about screen time.
Ford Bronco Sport Long weekend: start the bad Dad Jokes — as my kids say 1653751859046

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok now this one showed up in our community chat. I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t get it until reading the comments…. 🤦‍♂️
Ford Bronco Sport Long weekend: start the bad Dad Jokes — as my kids say 1653752421911

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Before vinyl became popular again a buddy of mine had a box of records in his basement which his then young daughter discovered one day. Wanting to know what they are, & without a turntable to actually demonstrate on, he explained it to her. Her response was ‘well why didn’t they just use CD’s?’. Ugh nowadays today’s kids I’m not sure even would know what a CD is.
Or...wait for it...sony walkman/cassette player. Now those old vinyls are worth a mint as the "hiss" and crackle have become more desirable for audiophiles appreciate the raw album vs remastered digital perfection.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Wrong? You sir are doing the absolute correct thing! Mine might be hooked up & ready to go (ok the NES is on a shelf in the basement for now) as is proven by my view of the family room tv this morning as I get caught up on the forums. If nothing else the Atari is a perfect decor item for a Nixon era bungalow. Actually it’s been my experience that kids introduced to these ’old’ games enjoy them as much as we did.

Ford Bronco Sport Long weekend: start the bad Dad Jokes — as my kids say 67DA2AB5-5CB4-4FD7-9FE2-F2340936E774
Introduced my son the Xbox king to NES and super tecmo bowl. Its simplicity of game strategy makes it a riot to play...plus, I can't beat him at NCAA16 anymore after he passed third grade🤣🤣 he's now 21 so...it's been a while.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Introduced my son the Xbox king to NES and super tecmo bowl. Its simplicity of game strategy makes it a riot to play...plus, I can't beat him at NCAA16 anymore after he passed third grade🤣🤣 he's now 21 so...it's been a while.
Oh man, I have to go fire up the NES now & have an afternoon of super tecmo bowl! Yeah there’s definitely something to be said for some simplicity that makes it easier to get into the game. haha yep, been awhile now. & for me yeah any kid could beat me at modern games lol

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Oh yes indeed! I think this is where the kids today would throw out an ‘ok boomer’ lol. I jest, but really goes to show the huge changes we’ve seen during our lifetimes. ’Scratch‘ indeed. My folks who grew up without TV were quite resistant to buying an Atari at first. It’ll wreck the TV, a not inconsequential concern when these things cost the equivalent of thousands today & you only had 1 in the house. You kids will spend too much time watching tv & not enough outside, a concern of parents that’s only gotten worse as nowadays everybody is worried about screen time.
Ford Bronco Sport Long weekend: start the bad Dad Jokes — as my kids say 1653751859046
OK, the 1st TV I remember was a 9 inch, round CRT with a huge magnifying glass, and the (much later) 21" RCA was a very large piece of furniture. Now my PC monitor is 32" curved and only uses a small corner of my desk! And, YES, for all you young upstarts, I AM A PRE-BOOMER!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I guess we're talking about nostalgia instead of dad jokes. One of my prized possessions is my '76 Les Paul Custom that I've had for many years. I graduated high school that year and damn sure couldn't afford one then.
Oops, my Dad! 😉

How many guitarists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
2, one to screw it in the other sits back and says, "that's nice, but I can do it better!"

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Oh man, I have to go fire up the NES now & have an afternoon of super tecmo bowl! Yeah there’s definitely something to be said for some simplicity that makes it easier to get into the game. haha yep, been awhile now. & for me yeah any kid could beat me at modern games lol
Game on!!
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE