First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
It's nearly useless; if you pop it will someone else is waiting, they should see/hear that and hopefully be able to figure out how to open it without pressing any more buttons. Or stand there wondering why it isn't swinging open...or telling you "your power hatch is broken...". I haven't had the problems described above, and do find it marginally useful instead of fumbling for the key fob or fumbling around under there for the button (which is not hard, but still easier to push the dash button). I DO HAVE, and am annoyed by, the problem with the hatch not unlocking and opening with the key in my pocket! It should work, but instead have to walk around to the the front, touch the handle to unlock, then walk back and pop the hatch open. Annoying! The REAR GLASS workst exactly as advertised, still! It worked as advertised with the hatch for a couple of weeks when new, then stopped and has worked (or, not worked) as described above ever since. I wonder if an over-the-air update put a stop to that...?
Check out this thread for the fix for the rear hatch.

-> https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/liftgate-wont-open-if-doors-are-locked.4493/
Sponsored

Jocker

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Is there supposed to be an interior liftgate button by the light control buttons? I'm seeing it in many YouTube videos even on the Base model, yet I don't seem to have it on my 2021 Big Bend? Did they remove this during production? Picture 1 is from my 2021 Big Bend. Picture 2 is from a Base Model YouTube video.

Ford Bronco Sport Liftgate Interior Button Missing? 1

Ford Bronco Sport Liftgate Interior Button Missing? 2
I have it on my 2021 BS Base...

3leggedhorse

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
My 22 BB doesnt have it and I think unless you had a motorized lift gate, the interior switch is useless

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
It comes in handy if my wife is in the truck & I need to put something in the cargo area.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
It comes in handy if my wife is in the truck & I need to put something in the cargo area.
But the lift point for the manual hatch is right where the button is so you would unlatch it as you lift.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just need a powered liftgate kit to come out for the Bronco sport, then I can rewire the interior button to it.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is there supposed to be an interior liftgate button by the light control buttons? I'm seeing it in many YouTube videos even on the Base model, yet I don't seem to have it on my 2021 Big Bend? Did they remove this during production? Picture 1 is from my 2021 Big Bend. Picture 2 is from a Base Model YouTube video.

Ford Bronco Sport Liftgate Interior Button Missing? 1

Ford Bronco Sport Liftgate Interior Button Missing? 2
The button does not release the tailgate. The button releases the glass access panel only.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Yeah our '22 BL still has it, hadn't noticed it before, just tried it, it "unlatches" the door but you still have to press the door button in the back to open the tailgate so I'm not really sure what it does other than a half unlatch which is as mentioned..
Pointless

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The button does not release the tailgate. The button releases the glass access panel only.
Releases the tailgate on mine and many other vehicles. You're the first person I've heard say that. I wonder if it's possible to change my button over with a simple wiring change?

But the lift point for the manual hatch is right where the button is so you would unlatch it as you lift.
What about lefties? Either button spot is not a fantastic handle.

I really wish we had a dedicated lift handle. Or at least the camera somewhere else and a strong grab point by the buttons. The back already gets crazy dirty and has a ton of PITA areas to clean up so another recessed area isn't a huge issue for that.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Releases the tailgate on mine and many other vehicles. You're the first person I've heard say that. I wonder if it's possible to change my button over with a simple wiring change?

What about lefties? Either button spot is not a fantastic handle.

I really wish we had a dedicated lift handle. Or at least the camera somewhere else and a strong grab point by the buttons. The back already gets crazy dirty and has a ton of PITA areas to clean up so another recessed area isn't a huge issue for that.
The button we are talking about is to the left of the lighting control on the dash. This button controls the glass only.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Negative, not on mine anyway. It controls the backdoor, not the glass.
It controls the lift gate on everyone that has this button. The button has a picture of the vehicle with the lift gate open, not just the window.

Last edited:

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It controls the lift gate on everyone that has this button. The button has a picture of the vehicle with the lift gate open, not just the window.
Assuming you meant to quote the person who says it controls the glass, LOL.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The button we are talking about is to the left of the lighting control on the dash. This button controls the glass only.
I know what button we're talking about. There are endless pictures of it in this thread. But what I told you, and a bunch of other people have all said, is that it opens the liftgate release, not the glass. You're the only person here saying it releases the glass. So either you're mistaken, or you own a unicorn. But if there's a way to make mine a unicorn too, I would maybe do it.

MDTX27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Bought a 22 Big Bend in January and it didn’t have the release button. Traded in the big bend today for a 22 Badlands (non premium package) and it HAS the button. They probably just pick and choose at the factory based on parts availability. But who knows.
Sponsored