Sensei

Big Bend
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does anyone have a solution for the rear liftgate Intelligent Access unlocking issue? That is, the glass will unlock upon going near the tailgate of a locked Bronco with the key (Intelligent Access) and pressing the glass button, but the liftgate will not unlock the same way. It did when I first got the Bronco in January. Now it does not. If I open a door with Intelligent Access or unlock from the remote the tailgate unlocks. But not automatically upon presense of the key at the tailgate on the first press of the tailgate button. I see others complaining of the same issue in other forums with no solution. Firmware is up to date and updates made no difference, but probably caused it at some point since January. Thanks if anyone has a fix for this before I take it to the dealer for service.
i JUST figured out that my intelligent access was turned off in the settings under vehicle -- locks.

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
You know, the fixes posted worked for a short time, but the problem would always return. So I bet I know what’s happening is the button is being actuated while in my pocket much like the alarm button does occasionally. Only it is just setting me up for failure next time I press the unlock button on the hatch. If one button can be accidentally triggered why not another?
My 2 cents.
AC

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I developed this condition recently and of course, the double liftgate tap immediately fixed it.

I also think I know what causes it. I very, very rarely use remote start. But I did attempt to recently, and when I did, I double tapped the liftgate button instead of the remote start button since they are right next to each other. That's when my IA stopped working. I don't know of a good reason you'd want the IA disabled on the liftgate, but it seems like you can intentionally cause the condition if you wanted to.
Sponsored