Leaked info on Bronco's technology: Off-Road Navigation, Adventure Capture, Real-Time Tire Pressure

Midnight Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Accord
I love driving my own car, even sitting on the 405 for 1.5 hours each day to travel just 12 miles.

I have no interest in autopilot. At all.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
I love driving my own car, even sitting on the 405 for 1.5 hours each day to travel just 12 miles.

I have no interest in autopilot. At all.
I can say that I have very little interest in it, even though my commute sucks, can't say that I get enjoyment out of being stuck in traffic either.

However, I also would consider myself not out of touch with where things are headed, even being nearly 40, being an engineer. and things ARE headed the way of either autonomous driving, or the apocalypse (either the apocalypse happens, or we get at a minimum semi-mandatory autonomous driving, pick one, there is no other choice). So I would rather the option with semi-mandatory autonomous driving, where we have the option of actually driving our stuff at more times/places than just a racetrack or off road, same with riding my motorcycles. Significantly better option that mandatory fully autonomous roads, where you get to drive nowhere, ever. No driving, ever, no matter the time, or place. And if we keep our heads buries in the sand and cling only the extreme of no autonomous driving ever, we're going to get hit with a big dang bat and get the complete opposite of what we want, so we need to look at the reasonable alternatives and start trying to meet in the middle. (either we compromise, and get to keep some/most of what we want, or we refuse to compromise, and lose everything that we want).

similar to how, eventually, it is highly likely that gas powered cars and trucks will be limited to off-road use only, either trail use, or track use, but never public road use. Now, is that 5 years or 50 years, don't know, but it will happen, and again, trying to say it won't and refusing to have any discussion will only likely result in losing the ability to even own a running gas powered vehicle much less able to use one off road or on private property when the time comes.

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
Itā€™s not just that. Itā€™s just that a lot of this shit DOESNā€™T CHANGE THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE. Iā€™ve said this multiple times and Iā€™ll say it again: if auto-start stop, a backseat sensor, lack of a V8, automatic emergency braking, lack of an 8-track player, etc is SERIOUSLY going to stop you from buying a NEW, BADASS BRONCO then you probably were going to find some other stupid shit to not buy one. Itā€™s gonna be great, Ford specifically said they are going to have the latest smart tech and it sounds like they are going to kick the shit out of Jeep. If you want an ā€œOL SKEWL BRONCā€ Iā€™d recommend craigslist thereā€™s a million out there.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Land Rover Series III, 1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7
I threw the first stone and Iā€™d throw it again.

If youā€™re a parent, get your head out your arse.
Or head out of the cell phone. I see parents sometimes giving more attention to their phones than their kids.

Hopefully all these additional items will be optional for the buyers who want them. I'm just not that into all the gadgets, and would install some 3rd party item later if desired. I would like the option to buy a more basic vehicle.

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does the Rear Seat Occupant Warning go off if you have something of significant weight in the backseat? Or would they only make it functional if say the seat belt is fastened?

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
Does the Rear Seat Occupant Warning go off if you have something of significant weight in the backseat? Or would they only make it functional if say the seat belt is fastened?
Ranger and Explorer both have occupant sensors that show if people are belted in.

Ford Bronco Sport Leaked info on Bronco's technology: Off-Road Navigation,  Adventure Capture, Real-Time Tire Pressure 69745791-A935-44B0-AB5D-E188C00B397F

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
Just because you like or don't mind these "features" doesn't mean everyone else is willing to submit and mindlessly buy the new Bronco. I would be perfectly content never buying a new vehicle again, but if Ford really nails the new Bronco I would like to buy one. If it costs well in excess of $40,000 and is loaded with a bunch of stupid "tech" that I find to be aggravating, I'll pass. I am sure Ford will sell a ton of them regardless, but I won't buy one unless I can get a pretty basic no frills Bronco with a solid drivetrain for a reasonable price, and I am sure I am not alone.
Iā€™m not mindlessly buying the new Bronco, I just care about features that actually affect the capabilities and driving experience. Removable roof, manual transmission, good off road capability, modularity, styling, are all literally 1000x more important to me than the radio or sensors that it has. And this is coming from someone who actually drives a manual door lock, transmission, and window Jeep Wrangler.

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
That's because some numbnuts activated MyKey without knowing what it was. It can be turned off as long as they didn't do the activation with both keys in the vehicle. The other key should be the admin key and can turn the system off. Some fleets enable it to make sure you buckle up. I get fleet managers all the time telling me that until MyKey was activated, they'd have drivers doing 90MPH without a seatbelt on. Just wait til your company installs Crew Chief analytics - Ford's factory GPS fleet monitoring system. That system can tell the fleet manager if you're sitting idle at a convenience store (depending on the parameters they set up) instead of being on a job site.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Okay, I have to say, I'm gonna be kinda pissed if Ford decides to give the Bronco a PDR, yet I couldn't get one in my 2018 Mustang even though its direct competitor has had it for YEARS

But really, all this sounds great! The rear seat occupancy thing I could see being a pain in the ass if I have my dog with me or if I have some heavy stuff in the back seats, but as long as it isn't super intrusive, I'll be fine

Midnight Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Accord
Adventure Capture and Convoy Communication sound like a lot of fun, even in urban environments.

Iā€™d like to use Adventure Capture to record my commute every day like a dash cam... is that what this is? I wish more vehicles had built-in forward/dash cameras.

Convoy Communications would be an emotional factor for my wife/parents/siblings getting a Ford with similar capability. We commute around the same time and itā€™d be fun to use radiospeak about traffic routes, eta, pickups or whatever instead of long calls.

And the driverā€™s view of which seats have their belts fastened is super handy for parents. I just think the reminder that you have a kid is silly.
Sponsored