Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
If it was working and now isn’t, it would be worth asking the dealer to do some research to see if an update or a sensor glitch is to blame.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Maybe if you turn it off an back on it’ll fix itself... oh wait, I think that only works on phones and computers. :D

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If it was working and now isn’t, it would be worth asking the dealer to do some research to see if an update or a sensor glitch is to blame.
I just took my BS BB into the Ford Dealer to ask about this very thing and they looked at me dumbfounded. I'm finding no dealers have any idea what to do with these new BS. They then told me there was no power module in the door to allow for keyless, passive entry. Obviously, as we all know, at one point it worked, and then it didn't so it definitely CAN.. Mine even seems to work some times now and other times it doesn't.

Similar to how the SYNC phone distorts your voice after a while, I feel these are computer glitches that we just need to make public to Ford so someone, somewhere can figure these issues out.

I need to go back to my dealer later this week because they messed some things up (surprise surprise) on my BB. I'll update everyone back here after I ask about it again.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Late to the party, but...Can confirm, I used to be able to unlock th lift gate with the fob in my pocket but noticed just last week that the lift gate will no longer open without unlocking all doors, but the glass will. Any updates to the "why now" this? Other than plugging my phone up directly via Type-C or Bluetooth, I have yet to connect this to our home WiFi
This started happening to me today!

It stated happening after I turned on the vehicle and the infotainment screen did not power on. It eventually did after turning off the car and turning it on again. When I got to my destination I locked the BS and went back to grab something from the cargo area. It would not open unless I used the key fob to unlock the whole vehicle. I’ve tried it multiple times now and it remains the same. I need to unlock the whole vehicle via the key fob in order to open the tailgate. The glass is able to pop up without any issues though.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This started happening to me today!

It stated happening after I turned on the vehicle and the infotainment screen did not power on. It eventually did after turning off the car and turning it on again. When I got to my destination I locked the BS and went back to grab something from the cargo area. It would not open unless I used the key fob to unlock the whole vehicle. I’ve tried it multiple times now and it remains the same. I need to unlock the whole vehicle via the key fob in order to open the tailgate. The glass is able to pop up without any issues though.
I took my BS BB to the dealership to talk about two weeks ago. They said "there is no power module to allow that to happen in the first place" and "I must have been mistaken."

Suffice to say, they don't know anything about these yet.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I took my BS BB to the dealership to talk about two weeks ago. They said "there is no power module to allow that to happen in the first place" and "I must have been mistaken."

Suffice to say, they don't know anything about these yet.
LOL - How th heck did they explain what is written in their own owner's manual about the rear hatch feature?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I just brought my BL + BL home for the first time and as I was filling it with all of the stuff I took out of my Wrangler I thought to test this. I locked the doors, put the FOB 10 feet away and the glass and hatch were locked. I got the FOB and put it in my pocket and the glass and hatch both opened.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Yeah that’s the way it’s supposed to work. Mine is being all weird at the moment. It requires me to unlock the vehicle in order to open the gate even if the keyfob is on me. The glass pops up just fine with the key fob nearby.

I just brought my BL + BL home for the first time and as I was filling it with all of the stuff I took out of my Wrangler I thought to test this. I locked the doors, put the FOB 10 feet away and the glass and hatch were locked. I got the FOB and put it in my pocket and the glass and hatch both opened.

Reactions: Jrl

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah that’s the way it’s supposed to work. Mine is being all weird at the moment. It requires me to unlock the vehicle in order to open the gate even if the keyfob is on me. The glass pops up just fine with the key fob nearby.
Lots of issues with this, it seems. Work fine for a few weeks and then nada. It's concerning that many dealers aren't aware this is even a feature

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
LOL - How th heck did they explain what is written in their own owner's manual about the rear hatch feature?
They're are bullshitting and treating me like I'm stupid to placate haha. I just shook my head and said "Sure."

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Late to the party, but...Can confirm, I used to be able to unlock th lift gate with the fob in my pocket but noticed just last week that the lift gate will no longer open without unlocking all doors, but the glass will. Any updates to the "why now" this? Other than plugging my phone up directly via Type-C or Bluetooth, I have yet to connect this to our home WiFi
Sooooo.... TDY at Fort Knox, and suddenly the rear door has begun to open again like it used to when I have all doors locked and key fob in my pocket. It dlworked when I bought it, then went kaput after a few weeks. Lift gate glass still worked as advertised, but rear hatch would not... Now it works again, and I cannot explain why.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Sooooo.... TDY at Fort Knox, and suddenly the rear door has begun to open again like it used to when I have all doors locked and key fob in my pocket. It dlworked when I bought it, then went kaput after a few weeks. Lift gate glass still worked as advertised, but rear hatch would not... Now it works again, and I cannot explain why.
Mine started working again! Maybe then new Sync update “fixed” it; thats the only thing I can think of. I noticed that once it updated the lift gate started opening from fully locked by pressing the button on the gate and having the keyfob in my pocket. I also started getting the “check the backseat“ screen (I had disabled it).

jtetro

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey all. Not sure if you solved this yet but I did. If you lock your car with the keypad it disables this. To get it back unlock using the keypad then lock it normally with the fob or handle.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey all. Not sure if you solved this yet but I did. If you lock your car with the keypad it disables this. To get it back unlock using the keypad then lock it normally with the fob or handle.
So weird...but great find!

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It didn't seem to work for me. By keypad, do you mean from inside on the door?
Sponsored