Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yeah, I did the same thing with some conduit and again with some base molding! It's an awkward load for sure, but it's great that the car is juuuust that capable. I have a 1" thick foam kneeler that I just bend into a giant "U" to protect that passenger seat and the console. I see in pic 2 that you came prepared with the crossbars just in case.

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Certainly they are capable little trucks.

You know how else they'd fit?

Strapped to your roof rack where they can't shift around and scrape up your interior. ;)
Hahaha I know I know. I just had to know one more reason I’m glad I chose the sport over the maverick 😂

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah, I did the same thing with some conduit and again with some base molding! It's an awkward load for sure, but it's great that the car is juuuust that capable. I have a 1" thick foam kneeler that I just bend into a giant "U" to protect that passenger seat and the console. I see in pic 2 that you came prepared with the crossbars just in case.
Yeah I’ll be totally honest I’ve never strapped anything to the top of a vehicle before and just went the path of least resistance lol next time I’ll give the crossbars a go! Just cool to know these sports are roomier than I realize sometimes.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
impressed
very impressed
routed channel to protect against strap wear
tip of the hat to you good sir
Thanks. The outer slots accommodate 4x8 goods. Easy to store, easy to put on and off. The occasional lumber run was the only thing I was going to need crossbars for in the near future and I did not want to be looking at them the other 360 days of the year. A design challenge and an excuse to use the router that gathers dust these days.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Clever ideas for hauling lumber. I put a luggage rack on my Karman Ghia long ago. I was amazed at the difference in gas mileage. I don't leave a luggage rack on unless I need it.