Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME!

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
on the ‘21 OB it felt like the lumbar support was still on, even though it was disengaged. So the lower part of the upper seat back was “pushed out” i was very noticeable when I drove my other Ford products as a comparison.

the shifters are both rotary. The ‘21 had a positive stop on the P position. The Maverick and ‘22 BS doesn’t have a stop at P, so you can keep turning the shifter even if it is in P.
I was told, have tried, that if you open the drivers door with the vehicle in drive the transmission with shift to P
Interesting... We haven't noticed any issues with the seat lumbar support, seems to work fine.

I'm not sure why they would change the drive selector dial. I think stopping at the begining and endting points just makes sense. That's how I know I'm at the correct setting when I switch to drive or park. Not sure how I would feel if the thing just kept spinning. :)

I know that the dial on my '21 will automatically switch to park when I hit the start/stop button, but I'll have to see what happens if I open the doors while in park.
Sponsored

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Not on either year of OB, pretty sure BL doesn’t either.
Doesn't have it on my 2021MY Badlands and I really miss it since my 2019 Escape had it. Made it a lot easier for me and the wife to both use the car (if she remembered to push the button to put the seat back to my settings so that I can get in). Guess it requires to many chips to put it in.

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Doesn't have it on my 2021MY Badlands and I really miss it since my 2019 Escape had it. Made it a lot easier for me and the wife to both use the car (if she remembered to push the button to put the seat back to my settings so that I can get in). Guess it requires to many chips to put it in.
Probably! Wish it had memory seats too, I’m a foot taller than my wife.

tconstan

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Two weeks ago I ordered from dealer '22 Bronco Sport Badlands with Premium Package. First time Ford Buyer. Dealer gave me order number but I need VIN to check online. How long can I expect to wait to hear first update from Ford?

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Two weeks ago I ordered from dealer '22 Bronco Sport Badlands with Premium Package. First time Ford Buyer. Dealer gave me order number but I need VIN to check online. How long can I expect to wait to hear first update from Ford?
It varies wildly. I got my order confirmation about a week after placing the order and soon thereafter got the VIN. My dad ordered a fully loaded F-150 and he never got any email notifications or tracking info but it has been built and is on the way to the dealer. You'll see in other places on here there isn't much consistency for any of this.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered my '22 BS BL with Premium, etc. near the end of October. Like you, I got the order# immediately. As of today, there's still no VIN or any update other than that initial e-mail confirming the order.

I've been checking in with my dealer monthly on a Friday afternoon to see if there's been a VIN assigned yet, but so far it's still just hanging out there. Good luck!

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Typically you won't get a VIN until there is a build date assigned.

I didn't order my '22, it was an order that didn't get purchased, so I bought off the lot.

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I ordered my BL w/PP on 12/2, got the confirmation that day. I haven't heard anything yet, nor has my dealer.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Probably! Wish it had memory seats too, I’m a foot taller than my wife.
That is one of two things that I will miss about my '15 Escape that the BS is replacing. The other is the hands free lift gate (this one I am really going to miss).

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
That is one of two things that I will miss about my '15 Escape that the BS is replacing. The other is the hands free lift gate (this one I am really going to miss).
I would rather have a power gate than have the glass open. Especially being the opening is so small.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would rather have a power gate than have the glass open. Especially being the opening is so small.
Small with a big bump sticking up in the middle.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
I realized I'm getting irrationally upset over this temperature gauge thing - the pains of living vicariously through this forum while waiting for my delivery. Who knows what really happened behind the scenes to cause this - but, c'mon. I've seen these knobs for a long time now, in many older, less spec'd interiors.

It's just another one of those small things that really wont matter at all (especially to the lady), but I will notice forever and wonder why.

I'm definitely in the camp of the temp in the knob adds a nice polish to the interior look, especially compared to what they look like now. This pic was posted over on the r/BroncoSport subreddit
Ford Bronco Sport Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME! mta2crhauz881

Someone else noted the 2 levels of heated wheel, is that different?

(I'm not sure - still waiting on delivery)

Last edited:

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I realize I'm getting irrationally upset over this temperature gauge thing. Who knows what really happened behind the scenes to cause this - but, c'mon. I've seen these knobs for a long time now, in many older, less spec'd interiors.

It's just another one of those small things that really wont matter at all (especially to the lady), but I will notice forever and wonder why.

I'm definitely in the camp of the temp in the knob adds a nice polish to the interior look, especially compared to what they look like now. This pic was posted over on the r/BroncoSport subreddit
Ford Bronco Sport Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME! mta2crhauz881

Someone else noted the 2 levels of heated wheel, is that different?
Thats just a blurry image. It is only one level: on and off for the heated steering wheel.

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Yep, heated steering wheel is on or off.
Here is the screen displaying the dual zone heat
Ford Bronco Sport Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME! 1AF86E15-90AD-4635-B47E-4159816ADD6C
Sponsored