LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I am trying to take advantage of the storage space in the spare tire area. The Fanttik T8 Jump Starter and X8 Tire Inflator fit perfectly in the foam tray. I got a 1/2" torque wrench and a non-mar lug socket; They fit the foam cutouts nicely too. And, I keep a tow strap, soft shackles, axles straps, and a trailer hitch shackle in there; I don't off-road (on-purpose :oops:), but winter snow is bad here; Folks get stuck all the time... In the cracks and crevices, I stuffed things like tie-down straps. rags, gloves, 50' of paracord, and a spare antenna and connectors for the GMRS.

I'm curious what other folks use this space for, and what I might be missing in my kit.

Ford Bronco Sport Junk In Your Trunk - What's Under Your Cargo Mat? 20221007_164528
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I am trying to take advantage of the storage space in the spare tire area. The Fanttik T8 Jump Starter and X8 Tire Inflator fit perfectly in the foam tray. I gat a 1/2" torque wrench and a non-mar lug socket; They fit the foam cutouts nicely too. And, I keep a tow strap, soft shackles, axles straps, and a trailer hitch shackle in there; I don't off-road (on-purpose :oops:), but winter snow is bad here; Folks get stuck all the time... In the cracks and crevices, I stuffed things like tie-down straps. rags, gloves, and a spare antenna and connectors for the GMRS.

I'm curious what other folks use this space for, and what I might be missing in my kit.

Ford Bronco Sport Junk In Your Trunk - What's Under Your Cargo Mat? 20221007_164528
More junk!
Ford Bronco Sport Junk In Your Trunk - What's Under Your Cargo Mat? 4CE78511-BEF0-4D6A-BA65-3141F724245C

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Right now, I store spare atmosphere in there along with a spare and crappy jack.

you never know when an asteroid will skim the earth stealing our air. Or an alien race on a journey across the cosmos that needs to replenish their air for survival of their species.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Right now, I store spare atmosphere in there along with a spare and crappy jack.

you never know when an asteroid will skim the earth stealing our air. Or an alien race on a journey across the cosmos that needs to replenish their air for survival of their species.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

China will steal our good air and put their bad air in its place. Good to have a store of your own. I think that is one that most preppers forget.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
China will steal our good air and put their bad air in its place. Good to have a store of your own. I think that is one that most preppers forget.
Another reason not use 100% nitrogen in your tires. You can still breath the 78% version!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

Sailboat fuel.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Another reason not use 100% nitrogen in your tires. You can still breath the 78% version!
Yeah I figure if I drive into a deep river i can suck some air out of my tires so I can find my wallet and phone and stuff before I swim up to the surface.
And the extra air around the spare tire will make mine float a bit longer. :,P

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep some trekking poles, nuts, a water carrier with water, work/snow gloves. Also have a shovel, hitch, a snow windshield cover, i carry some paper towels and a net. I also carry some spare hiking shoes if needed and a bungee cord or two.
How the heck do you get all that under the mat? Clearly a much better packer than me!

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am trying to take advantage of the storage space in the spare tire area. The Fanttik T8 Jump Starter and X8 Tire Inflator fit perfectly in the foam tray. I got a 1/2" torque wrench and a non-mar lug socket; They fit the foam cutouts nicely too. And, I keep a tow strap, soft shackles, axles straps, and a trailer hitch shackle in there; I don't off-road (on-purpose :oops:), but winter snow is bad here; Folks get stuck all the time... In the cracks and crevices, I stuffed things like tie-down straps. rags, gloves, 50' of paracord, and a spare antenna and connectors for the GMRS.

Some bungee, battery powered jump starter, battery powered tire inflator. Also have a trunk organizer with assorted stuff.
Sponsored