Is the moonroof history starting in 2022?

Ridn Dirty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSBL
I was at the dealer today to buy my badlands and the dealer mentioned that Ford is doing away with the moonroof on future BS models. Has anyone else heard this?
Sponsored

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Power Moonroof (17B) still available to order on a 2022 BL if you also order the Premium Package (96Q). So the 2021 Badlands Package is now 17B + 96Q for 2022. This means you can effectively delete the Moonroof from the Badlands Package by ordering just the Premium Package, my dealer is getting the price breakdown on that.

Last edited:

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
I was at the dealer today to buy my badlands and the dealer mentioned that Ford is doing away with the moonroof on future BS models. Has anyone else heard this?
Moonroof will be a $770 option available across all BS lines, I believe, in '22.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Maybe your dealer has not seen the '22 Order Guide? Sounds like you were talking to some sales bozo not aware of what is going on.....

Attachments

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford is taking the moonroof out of the BB, OB, and BL packages (which have all been renamed for 22) and making it a separate option like it is on the Escape and most other Ford vehicles IIRC. I'm glad because the moonroof was a big hold up on production of 21s and I'd wager most people including myself didn't care to have it. I just wanted the BB package mainly for the heated seats, power driver seat, and leather steering wheel. I'll gladly take the $800 savings and (hopefully) more streamlined production.

MAJB Retired

Big Bend
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch, Jeep Renegade, Bronco Sport
I have to agree, a moon roof is an expensive waiting to happen.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Moonroof is not going away. As others have pointed out, it’s now an option on all BS trim levels, separate from any of the other packages. Unfortunately due to chip/part shortages, Ford is not accepting or scheduling any ’21 or ‘22 builds at this time with the moonroof.

Potential failure or leak hazard waiting to happen? Possibly. That said, Ford has been using this same moonroof design across all their vehicles for several years now. Seems to work pretty good. Between business and personal I have bought dozens with the moonroof and have not had any failures…. <knocks wood> <knocks again to be sure>

We’re buying another Bronco Sport but waiting to submit the order until we have a better picture of production timing and moonroof availability. Also want to see the new Bronze Smoke color.

OP
OP

Ridn Dirty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSBL
I have the moonroof, but I kinda feel it's a waste of money as most of it is out of my field of view when sitting in the drivers seat and it doesn't really make the cabin space seem any larger. And because its a little on the small side you can forget seeing anything but the sky directly above the vehicle. Its more of a porthole than a window.

Suzeng01

Big Bend
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS on order
I just ordered my BS yesterday. I really wanted the mooneoof but no longer available on the 2021. I ended up getting a 2022 with a moonroof for $770. Hopefully it does not take forever to get here.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I just ordered my BS yesterday. I really wanted the mooneoof but no longer available on the 2021. I ended up getting a 2022 with a moonroof for $770. Hopefully it does not take forever to get here.
You should be fine with your moonroof, it is actually easier to add a moonroof for 2022 now that it is with a separate package. Enjoy your new ride .
Ford Bronco Sport Is the moonroof history starting in 2022? 51B29385-AEA8-4F79-8B82-9F6EF363723A

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
You should be fine with your moonroof, it is actually easier to add a moonroof for 2022 now that it is with a separate package. Enjoy your new ride .
Ford Bronco Sport Is the moonroof history starting in 2022? 51B29385-AEA8-4F79-8B82-9F6EF363723A
So what is your color of choice ? Enjoy

Suzeng01

Big Bend
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS on order
So what is your color of choice ? Enjoy
White. Convenience package (formerly BIg Bend package) with cross rails. I'm hoping it's here by the end if the year.

Reactions: Jrl

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Moonroof as an option is a good idea. MY BL has the BL pkg with the Moonroof. I never open it and would have ordered the BS without it.
Sponsored