Is Ford able to update the software to make things better?

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
There are a couple of annoyances I have about the software in the BS. Is this something Ford can update or does already update when we do a Sync3 update?

For example, if I'm cruising along I-10, ACC set at 75 mph and doing fine. Then the guy in front of me starts going 74. Then 72. Then 71 and so on.

I don't really feel a sudden decrease and don't really notice until cars start passing me by. It would be great to add in an audible noise to know when ACC is slowing itself down so I can change lanes.

It would also be nice to turn off the Speed Limit sign in the dashboard. For some, it may work great. I think it mostly depends on driving habits and location. But for others, it's more trouble than it's worth and they would probably want to just take that off.
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
If you’re going 75 on I-10 you’re probably getting passed by before the ACC takes over lol.

All kidding aside some kind of alert would we nice even if the screen just flashed at you. I can’t stand ACC for that reason. I just use regular cruise control to avoid that exact situation.

I love the speed limit sign tbh. If I haven’t been paying attention I can glance down and know how fast I should be going legally.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
If you’re going 75 on I-10 you’re probably getting passed by before the ACC takes over lol.

All kidding aside some kind of alert would we nice even if the screen just flashed at you. I can’t stand ACC for that reason. I just use regular cruise control to avoid that exact situation.

I love the speed limit sign tbh. If I haven’t been paying attention I can glance down and know how fast I should be going legally.
That is true about the sign. I'll also glance on CarPlay but that's based on their data and might not be accurate. They could at least fix why sometimes it reads "Speed Limit" and other times just "Limit".

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
That is true about the sign. I'll also glance on CarPlay but that's based on their data and might not be accurate. They could at least fix why sometimes it reads "Speed Limit" and other times just "Limit".
I think the limit happens when highways have minimum speeds posted in between the speed limit signs. The car just reads the signs it sees and puts them on the display.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The ACC is something I don't use for a number of reasons including the OPs.

The speed limit sign on the dash is convenient for me as there are a lot of areas around here where the limit goes up and/or down on a regular basis.

One thing I've noticed about it though is that when I go through an area that's a 25 limit, it displays 25 but shortly after I go to an uncontrolled area and when I hit about 60 and the 25 limit is displayed, it turns itself off. Perhaps it gives up on me?

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My only whine about the speed limit camera is when it picks up the off ramp speed signs as I pass and it slows me down suddenly.
Sponsored