Anybody getting repeated warnings about how CarPlay can be disabled, requests to share audio listening data with Ford, and CarPlay terms acceptance?

Jason Petri

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonpetri.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anybody getting repeated warnings about how CarPlay can be disabled, requests to share audio listening data with Ford, and CarPlay terms acceptance (3 seperate screens) every time you plug in your phone? I am and it’s getting old. I’ve accidentally clicked “share data with Ford” and the toggle to disable is buried deep in the menus. I assume a big cache of data was shared before I could disable it again.
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Still waiting on my BS here. I do hope that isn't a mandatory thing every time you plug in.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Anybody getting repeated warnings about how CarPlay can be disabled, requests to share audio listening data with Ford, and CarPlay terms acceptance (3 seperate screens) every time you plug in your phone? I am and it’s getting old. I’ve accidentally clicked “share data with Ford” and the toggle to disable is buried deep in the menus. I assume a big cache of data was shared before I could disable it again.
Mine connects automatically. Never see a warning. Will check tomorrow.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Still waiting on my BS here. I do hope that isn't a mandatory thing every time you plug in.
It isn't. I've had my Bronco for 15 months now and I've never seen a screen like the OP is talking about when I do carplay. The last time I did carplay was around a week ago or so.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
It isn't. I've had my Bronco for 15 months now and I've never seen a screen like the OP is talking about when I do carplay. The last time I did carplay was around a week ago or so.
Interesting. Must be something resetting the first time connection every time or something. I can understand doing it once, but seems like something just isnt saving like it should if it is popping up for this particular person.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The only time I’ve had issues like this was with my last vehicle (2019 Kia Stinger) while using a shorter off-brand cable. The cable would work fine for a while and then I’d get a warning and CarPlay would just stop working. Using an Apple MFI certified cable solved my issues. Not sure if the issue was brand or length but almost all certified cables are at least 3ft. I have had good luck with both Anker and Amazon Basics and am partial to using braided cables for durability.

If that doesn’t work, I’d try:
  • delete the car from the phone
  • delete the phone from the car
  • reset the phone
  • verify both ios and Sync are on latest version
  • setup CarPlay again
I would bet on the cable being the issue, though.
Sponsored