Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi all
I've owned my OB Bronco Sport since June and have gotten a weird message on my FordPass app (see below). Basically, the message says that remote features have been disabled to preserve battery life b/c the car hasn't been started in a while. The car definitely hasn't been sitting for any length of time to warrant such as message. Is anybody else experiencing this? If not, any ideas of what's going on?

Ford Bronco Sport Odd FordPass Message - remote features have been disabled to preserve battery image_123986672
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes, more than a few have gotten this message. I believe it's attributable to frequent short trips in the summer. The headlight cooling fans work overtime in the heat; they'll run for quite some time after you shut the car down. Couple that with short trips that don't give the charging system time to fully recharge the battery.

OP
OP
gizahuna

gizahuna

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Basically....not to worry.....its probably normal.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Basically....not to worry.....its probably normal.
I think so. If you've got a charger try recharging the battery overnight. If the battery recharges you should be good to go. If you battery charger reports and issue then you'll have to replace the battery. Heat is tough on batteries.

OP
OP
gizahuna

gizahuna

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've only got the message 3 times since we've owned it so we've basically only done short drives. Thinking back, I drove about 200 miles one day (round trip from CT to LI) and got the message over that night. I'll watch it.
Thanks

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
I got this frequently when I was on a long camping trip - didn't run the engine for a couple days, but in and out if it with the constant cycling of the electrical system every time I touched a door. I was out on a long hike the first time I got the message, and thought, "gee wouldn't it be nice to be able to remote start it on the app and let it charge for a while?".

Yeah, well, no, your battery is getting low so we're sending you this message to let you know that we're not going to let you do anything about it. Thanks, very helpful.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Normal. I work remotely so the car can sit for 2 weeks at a time. I usually get the message (previous explorer and believe I got the same timing on the Bronco this trip) after about a week of sitting. But yes I’ve gotten it at home too after short summer driving trips in the city.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
Had it happen to me after not driving it for 3 days. No big deal.
Sponsored