Is 360+ worth the upgrade?

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
After having it in a car, I wouldn't want to not have it. I really don't use it that much but on occasion when I do go on a long trip it makes the drive so much more relaxing.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

MAJB Retired

Big Bend
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch, Jeep Renegade, Bronco Sport
Personally, I think it is all a lot of useless stuff. If you drive a car then you should drive the car and not let the electronics do the driving. If you are a defensive drive and actually pay attention to what you are doing (not ride the bumper of the car ahead, check before you change lanes, and pay attention to where you are headed) it's not really needed.

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Personally, I think it is all a lot of useless stuff. If you drive a car then you should drive the car and not let the electronics do the driving. If you are a defensive drive and actually pay attention to what you are doing (not ride the bumper of the car ahead, check before you change lanes, and pay attention to where you are headed) it's not really needed.
Yea I agree with that. The stop and go would be convenient in traffic jams though. I've had cars with lane assist before and I've always hated it, but I guess if you're less spatially aware or get distracted it could be helpful. Most of the steering wheel vibrations I find to a nuisance especially on small roads where I'm intentionally on the shoulder or hugging the far right white line at times.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I get all that. That's why I have 88 BII, for the driving experience.

However, all those electronic conveniences allow me to do more than I could without them. I can spend more time focusing farther ahead to read traffic, watch the mirrors more, grab a drink or a snack, check the gauges, see that deer getting ready to jump in the road, etc...

I don't have to worry about keeping my speed, staying in the lane or following to close nearly as much because of the nannies doing that for me. I didn't say not doing that, it's not doing that as much.

All that makes for an easier drive and I'm all for making my life easier. In my youth I had plenty to do things the harder way. Father time has taken a lot of that away from me.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Does it have to be either or? Can't someone do both? I set the adaptive cruise and then watch it work while still paying attention myself to see if I have to take over. It makes the drive a lot more pleasurable. It's an extra level of safety since the car can also emergency brake or evasive steer.

You could say the exact same thing about plain cruise control or even automatic transmissions. Why have those when we could just lump everything onto the driver's plate?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It's an extra level of safety since the car can also emergency brake or evasive steer.
This is the biggie for me. When we bought the wife's Escape I made sure it has all these safety features, mainly because she has a long commute most of which is at night in the winter months. Driving at night after a long shift increases the likelihood of fatigue-related inattentiveness, so having these safety features up and running offers a great deal of peace of mind.

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
Lane centering works best when there is a clear vision of lane markings on both sides of the car.

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m not a fan of it in stop and go traffic, it’s too jerky to me and I prefer slowly coasting. The adjustable cruise control is fantastic on highways though.

I do a lot of norcal -> socal driving, and it’s so much more comfortable with the 360+. I used to get leg cramps in my last car frequently, but don’t need to worry about those anymore.

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
I had adaptive cruise control turned off in settings. Then my route to work changed, I love it. When traffic is heavy and knowone can hold a constant speed it’s great.
The other function that, I don’t believe anyone has mentioned, is it’s the only option to have vehicle navigation. I know you can use CarPlay, not the same.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I know you can use CarPlay, not the same.
Thank you! Everybody seems to ask why you’d need nav in your car when you can just use your phone? Honestly the experience is so much better when it’s natively integrated. The only drawback I can see is onboard can’t contain nearly so many POI’s as google maps can, so you may have to google your POI then enter it as an address. But honestly? I don’t get the crowd that cries out that manufacturer electronic systems can’t match what’s on your phone. For in car use? Far superior. Car play? Not a fan.

I will say this though. If your budget doesn’t allow for onboard (which shouldn’t be available only in higher trims, but it is) then car play is a pretty good substitute relative to what was available before, nothing. I’m assuming it’s therefore also useful in rental cars.

kvenerable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got the 360+ option for the adaptive cruise control, which I like for long Interstate rides. Wasn’t sure what else it included, but I was surprised on a recent trip at how much I liked the navigation, have always just used CarPlay instead of the in car navigation in previous vehicles, but now use Gaia (of course!) when off road and the 360 Nav on the road.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I got the 360+ option for the adaptive cruise control, which I like for long Interstate rides. Wasn’t sure what else it included, but I was surprised on a recent trip at how much I liked the navigation, have always just used CarPlay instead of the in car navigation in previous vehicles, but now use Gaia (of course!) when off road and the 360 Nav on the road.
So this is a dumb question now. I criticize car play as I haven’t found a use case for it. My previous newest vehicle prior to 2020 was a 2007 F150 which had the rare factory nav (because I ordered it that way & sure got my use out of it over the next decade), so I am biased towards the in car.

But for car play. Can it use apps like your Gaia one? I’d forgotten there are some things (like nav for off road) which in car can’t possibly use well. Does car play put those up on the screen? I haven’t had cause to use something like Gaia but if it functions on the car screen the same as it would on your phone, then that could be interesting to a lot of people.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm interested in the stop and go feature, which I guess I'd have to get the 360+ to get it. Sounds interesting enough, but how does it perform in the real world?
I've ordered my car with all the extras except the 360+ cuz I thought I wasn't gonna use it, then I found at a dealer the same car with the 360+ included and ended up buying it. So glad I took it now. It gives you a lot of useful features & an extra security layer, specially when driving on the highway. Not to expensive as an extra, I think it worth the money.

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a bit different take on this. I travel a lot and rent different cars and trucks. 240 nights a year maybe 20 different vehicles.

I have the 360 adaptive cruise etc in my Expedition. When I rent a car or truck with out these features, which is all of them so far. I have to stop and really change the way I drive. When I go from my BS to my wife’s Expy and it starts slowing down or trying to do something it thinks should be done, I hate it. Trying to avoid something like a tire or muffler in the road turn to the left to avoid it and the dam thing shakes the steering wheel and beeps at me. No poop I am out of my lane because there is a cow in the road.

I guess if it the only thing you drive it might not be bad, but I personally hate all the nanny crap.

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Here is a bit different take on this. I travel a lot and rent different cars and trucks. 240 nights a year maybe 20 different vehicles.

I have the 360 adaptive cruise etc in my Expedition. When I rent a car or truck with out these features, which is all of them so far. I have to stop and really change the way I drive. When I go from my BS to my wife’s Expy and it starts slowing down or trying to do something it thinks should be done, I hate it. Trying to avoid something like a tire or muffler in the road turn to the left to avoid it and the dam thing shakes the steering wheel and beeps at me. No poop I am out of my lane because there is a cow in the road.

I guess if it the only thing you drive it might not be bad, but I personally hate all the nanny crap.
I rented a car up in the mountains and the lane assist feature drove me nuts. On small mountain roads always being in the center of the lane isn’t always a good idea. Like when I’m passing a cyclist….

Or if there’s a wide load coming and if I dont move onto the shoulder I’ll kill us all.
Sponsored