Interior noise when window open

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I hope you find a solution to that noise!!
(And I had a 2016 forester touring with a 2.0L engine, similar specs to the bronco sport but I was looking at a 2022 Subaru Wilderness for the 9.5” ground clearance but decided to go with a Badlands. The forester was not all that reliable over 110,000 miles)
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
If I wasn’t as slick as I am we would be driving a Subaru Forester… because that’s what my husband wanted… but I said hell no… we’re getting a Bronco.

now to answer your question… I think, Black Hawk… so change my thump thump to a whump whump!! Lmao!
Y’all are funny!
I open the driver side and rear passenger side window when I have a 🚬, always reminds me of being in a huey back in the days.

It's the nature of the beast with this style cabin I guess, at least I haven't crashed in one yet!

Huey's, that's another story! 🤪

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Off topic ... My dad, 1919 - 2010, was an aeronautical engineer on the Black Hawk. Survivability. Sikorsky from 1965 to retirement in 1979.

I sometimes spell it as one word because I remember the earlier, ill-fated S-67 Blackhawk.

Republic Aviation before Sikorsky. F-84F. F-105.

Flight engineer with Gen. Travis' personal B-17 stateside during WWII.

Last edited:
OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We live in North Myrtle Beach, and all the old farts drive Subarus…
I’m not dead yet… and I’m not an old fart. Hahaha

I hope you find a solution to that noise!!
(And I had a 2016 forester touring with a 2.0L engine, similar specs to the bronco sport but I was looking at a 2022 Subaru Wilderness for the 9.5” ground clearance but decided to go with a Badlands. The forester was not all that reliable over 110,000 miles)

OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I open the driver side and rear passenger side window when I have a 🚬, always reminds me of being in a huey back in the days.

It's the nature of the beast with this style cabin I guess, at least I haven't crashed in one yet!

I’m a smoker 😒 so yeah I like the windows open…. And gas is expensive, so AC is used randomly.
I have yet in my life to get a ride in a helicopter. I might have a panic attack… like I did flying in a Cessna… but I made it… so I need to do that once in my life!! Lol

OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
All in all… compared to the rolling thunder of bike week here at home on Ocean Blvd. I will take my whump whump over these revving bikes!! Hahaha
Thanks for all the great reply’s!!

the first of many, I’m sure!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m a smoker 😒 so yeah I like the windows open….
1) Stop smoking!
2) I have been on these forums for a long time and I have not heard others describe your problem. I’d ask the dealership if they can help as I fear this will get worse.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I used to take the Colgate-Palmolive helicopter between the technology center in NJ where my office was and the East 60th Street heliport to get to 300 Park, corporate in NYC.

Freak accident and one of them went in the East River. My boss' boss killed. Corporate attorney never the same

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Off topic ... My dad, 1919 - 2010, was an aeronautical engineer on the Black Hawk. Survivability. Sikorsky from 1965 to retirement in 1979.

I sometimes spell it as one word because I remember the earlier, ill-fated S-67 Blackhawk.

Not the direction I thought this thread would take, but I'm glad it did. I'm a Sikorsky. Everyone always asks about the last name. My relation is a few cousins away, but I definitely inherited the interest in aviation. My thesis work focused on UAS, I fly UAS now for the federal government, and my next step is a true pilot's license. Super neat to hear about your dad's story.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thank you!
I understand the dynamics of the wind, makes sense, but it happens even when I open the other windows. It sounds like the air is sucking the metal roof up and down, it’s a thumping,
not like the noise you would hear if someone opens the back window only. Anyway, thank you for your response! I appreciate it!
I’ve noticed something similar on occasion when I only have the back windows cracked. I chalked it up to their weird shape and the fact that at certain positions they create two openings on each side.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Thank you for posting! Great memories!!
Sponsored