Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Go for it; you'll never be sorry you did.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior noise when window open IMG_0086
check wheels up (ya I know it’s fixed gear), wind calm, clear for scrap and go. Is it actually registered to you? S***** MARK *

LANCAIR LEGACY FG.
Expiration Date06/30/2029
Type AircraftFixed Wing Single-EngineType EngineReciprocating

Type RegistrationIndividualFractional OwnerNO

ManufacturerLANCAIR INTL INCKit ModelLANCAIR LEGACY FG

Street**** BEACON ***
CityS**** ******State*******
CountyM******Zip Code******

As a little bit of info. The most A/C accidents are general aviation. 98% + are attributed to pilot error.

Another interesting story. Does anyone remember the helo pilot that crashed a AS350 into the roof top of a building in NYC back in the early 2000s? He is personal friend and was a 5000 hr + Huey pilot.

the accident was mostly pilot error. He misinterpreted the issue with the helo. An improperly installed HYD v-belt snapped causing heavy controls. If he had followed the correct procedure the crash would not have happened. He should have been able to maintain control but he didn’t.

So fly if you will. I have many hours in the air and I no longer fly unless I have to. That includes 2000 hours in an F16 flying with the MOT&E squadron at Hill AFB back in the late 70’s.
Sponsored

Last edited:

steve bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sportrack
1) Stop smoking!
2) I have been on these forums for a long time and I have not heard others describe your problem. I’d ask the dealership if they can help as I fear this will get worse.
I have the same problem, that's why i said it sounds like helicopter inside. prissychrissy 72 ask for help and she is not getting any by reading some of your response,

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
As a little bit of info. The most A/C accidents are general aviation. 98% + are attributed to pilot error.
This is true. There is a wide continuum of skills in the general aviation world, and an even wider continuum of attitudes. In case you didn't know, bad attitudes are at LEAST as dangerous as poor skills.

I co-founded the Lancair Owners and Builders Organization (LOBO) in 2008 due to the unacceptable fatal accident rate at the time. We developed and instituted two training programs, one for pilots new to the Lancair, and another for annual continuation training. Since we founded LOBO, no LOBO member has been involved in a fatal accident. We're pretty proud of that. That may be more a reflection of the attitudes of pilots who know they need training than the quality of the training they get (although I believe the training is exceptional). BTW, I get annual training religiously.

So fly if you will. I have many hours in the air and I no longer fly unless I have to. That includes 2000 hours in an F16 flying with the MOT&E squadron at Hill AFB back in the late 70’s.
It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Knowing what I know, I'm pretty choosy about who I'm willing to fly with. But it's in my blood, and I won't stop until a doctor says I have to.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Part of my issue is I’m not longer the PIC when I’m not at the controls. Too many of todays commerical pilots have no actual stick time. It’s all simulators and letting the computers fly the aircraft.

IMO this leads to an over dependance on computer systems. And that equates to less knowledge of what the aircraft is capable of doing and its actual operating parameters. I think this erodes a pilot’s skills.

I’m proud to say I have an equal number of takeoffs and landings. Flying for pleasure was never something I was interested in doing. I was all about strapping in and having a mission to complete.

On another note. I have tried to duplicate what the OP is experiencing with multiple windows open. And I‘m not able it to do it. So at this point, maybe a dealer visit that includes a ride with a technician would be the way to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I was finally able to take her out for a spin today and retested the window theory … drivers window open… it happens intermittently…. 2 inch rear passenger window cracked…. Sound stopped.
I still think it’s making the headliner pop … but there’s nothing I can do with aerodynamics!
Oh well! Lol

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your results sound like they relate to what I posted from the manual.

Last edited:

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Hello! I am new to this forum. Just purchased a 2021 and I notice that there is a strange thumping noise inside the car when the drivers window is open, and even when the other windows are open as well. It sounds like the headliner is making noise. Does anyone know what this is and what I could possibly do about it?
Thanks for any help!
~Christa
You'll do better with another window open a little then the vacuum will be not bad. Same thing when I had the escape but it was a lot louder about went deaf

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Thank you!
I understand the dynamics of the wind, makes sense, but it happens even when I open the other windows. It sounds like the air is sucking the metal roof up and down, it’s a thumping,
not like the noise you would hear if someone opens the back window only. Anyway, thank you for your response! I appreciate it!
Only open back drivers side window 1 to 2 inches this will fix it

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have noticed a strange “thumping” noise that comes from the rear of the vehicle and is more noticeable with my back seats in the down position. It has nothing to do with the windows opened or closed as it happens in either case. It’s not a rhythmic sound (ie like aircraft) but more of a sporadic “thump…thump, thump……..thump…”. What I *think* it’s coming from is the spare tire cover that basically just lays in place but bounces around enough to cause a “thump” sound. Any chance this is closer to what you are hearing too @prissychrissy72?

BronkoBoy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have noticed a strange “thumping” noise that comes from the rear of the vehicle and is more noticeable with my back seats in the down position. It has nothing to do with the windows opened or closed as it happens in either case. It’s not a rhythmic sound (ie like aircraft) but more of a sporadic “thump…thump, thump……..thump…”. What I *think* it’s coming from is the spare tire cover that basically just lays in place but bounces around enough to cause a “thump” sound. Any chance this is closer to what you are hearing too @prissychrissy72?
Same thing on my Outer Banks with all four windows closed. I'm wondering if it is the rear hatch glass vibrating in the low pressure region that develops behind the car in the 30-45mph range. I noticed that the problem does not occur to the same degree in the winter time if at all. Is it possible that the rear glass weather seal gets just springy enough in the warm weather to turn the rear glass into a large wind driven loudspeaker?

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
If you guys push on the rear hatch, just above the bronco logo when all the windows are up, the noise will be recreated. It has something to do with the vents in the rear. Wish I knew a fix.

Captain Trips

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If you guys push on the rear hatch, just above the bronco logo when all the windows are up, the noise will be recreated. It has something to do with the vents in the rear. Wish I knew a fix.
Interesting, I'm gonna have to try that. I was going to say that I get a noise from somewhere behind me, but I never have the windows down. From what the OP described though it sounds the same even with the windows up. I've never really tried to chase the noise down, I just turn the radio on, and it's gone. I always kind of thought it was coming from the spare tire area, maybe those little styrofoam storage trays.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Im not sure what some folks are talking about. I can confirm the sound will go away with opening another window, but going fast enough it will come back. I can have all 4 windows down and will hear the buffeting hardcore. Yes it sounds like a helicopter inside.
Sponsored