Bbrnc

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
FYI for anyone curious, I installed a Thinkware F200 today with a hardwire kit. They sell an installation kit on Amazon that included the needed 10A fuses and fuse taps, along with a voltage tester and pry bar.

I ended up using only spare fuses as listed in the manual. I used #3 for the ACC as it does not get constant power and I used #20 for the battery as it DOES get constant power. I tested these both to make sure.

The F200 smartphone app has battery saver for park mode to ensure it doesn't drop below 12v. This is adjustable.

Took a couple hours including tucking all the wiring into the trim/headliner. If you use the fuses I did, it should be quicker as you won't need to do any trial and error.

I hope this helps!

I also learned my local Best Buy is clueless as the parking mode never worked in my previous vehicle that they installed on. Go figure I do it myself and everything is great.
Hey, how did you tap into fuse 20? Its right next to the circuit breaker and I can't get the fuse adapter to fit. 24 and 23 I believed are also constant power but again, it's in a weird spot so I can't get my adapter to fit. Thanks
Sponsored

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey, how did you tap into fuse 20? Its right next to the circuit breaker and I can't get the fuse adapter to fit. 24 and 23 I believed are also constant power but again, it's in a weird spot so I can't get my adapter to fit. Thanks
I bought something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hardwire-Charger-Circuit-Profile-Standard/dp/B0789G3QT8/ref=sr_1_26?crid=V4GE23RBRM9X&keywords=thinkware+installation+kit&qid=1655825840&sprefix=thinkware+installation+kit,aps,87&sr=8-26

But I got the Thinkware version - it came with the fuses/wiretaps and they went right in. I believe I may have had to flip the wiretap in the opposite direction to get it to work - while I understand that's not necessarily the ideal option, I haven't had any issues *shrugs*

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hi all. I installed some aftermarket floor liners today and noticed that th ecover over the fuse panel cover appears to be missing from the BS BB that we bought this past Sunday. I sent an email to the dealer, so hopefully they'll be able to get me the part soon. That said, I took a look at Fordparts.com and wasn't able to find a part number. The closest I could find to a parts diagram of the are does not seem to include that cover. Anyone else with a 2023 missing that cover?

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. 20230510_145430

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. 1683753554402

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This works on a ā€˜22 BL which isnā€™t what you asked about..
Fuse panel cover, interior, passenger side:
Instrument Panel Cover Passenger Side
M1PZ-78046A25-AA
Dash Panel Insulator, Part #: 78046A25
One piece component
Two slide in tabs (closest to firewall)
One positioning pin (inboard side closest to passenger) Two push clips (inboard side closest to passenger)
Installation: slide in, position pin and press expansion clip upwards

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This works on a ā€˜22 BL which isnā€™t what you asked about..
Fuse panel cover, interior, passenger side:
Instrument Panel Cover Passenger Side
M1PZ-78046A25-AA
Dash Panel Insulator, Part #: 78046A25
One piece component
Two slide in tabs (closest to firewall)
One positioning pin (inboard side closest to passenger) Two push clips (inboard side closest to passenger)
Installation: slide in, position pin and press expansion clip upwards
Thanks, I think that is the part. Wasn't able to get to that set of parts on my Fordparts.com when I choose my dealer. Odd that it is done by dealer and not just as all of the Ford parts listed on one website. I mean, I get that not every dealer will carry everything, but just like, say, the Home Depot website lists products and then you can find out if your local store carries it.

Hopefully the dealer will take care of it.

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thanks, I think that is the part. Wasn't able to get to that set of parts on my Fordparts.com when I choose my dealer. Odd that it is done by dealer and not just as all of the Ford parts listed on one website. I mean, I get that not every dealer will carry everything, but just like, say, the Home Depot website lists products and then you can find out if your local store carries it.

Hopefully the dealer will take care of it.
Just to follow up on this. My dealer was really good about taking care of ordering the cover for me. We had some hiccups where they thought another dealer had the part, but when I got there it was the wrong part, and they couldn't find the correct part in their system initially. The parts guy also looked in one of their showroom models, and it turned out that it was also missing the cover, which makes me wonder if they had a bunch of vehicles produced without that cover installed.

In the end, that second dealer ordered the correct part and had it sent to my local dealer for me.

Anyone else get a 2023 BS that lacked the under glove box cover?

NVBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Get
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just to follow up on this. My dealer was really good about taking care of ordering the cover for me. We had some hiccups where they thought another dealer had the part, but when I got there it was the wrong part, and they couldn't find the correct part in their system initially. The parts guy also looked in one of their showroom models, and it turned out that it was also missing the cover, which makes me wonder if they had a bunch of vehicles produced without that cover installed.

In the end, that second dealer ordered the correct part and had it sent to my local dealer for me.

Anyone else get a 2023 BS that lacked the under glove box cover?
I looked at my BL last night, I donā€™t have that cover either. But since I donā€™t notice unless my head is down in the footwell, Iā€™m not really concerned about replacing it. Ymmv
Sponsored