greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
I am trying to find or make something to hang fishing rods inside on the roof similar to the picture I posted below. The problem is I am trying to find a way to mount the reels in the back but there are no roof hooks or anything to latch anything onto. The only thing suggested to me was to leave the back glass open which isn't reasonable. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco Sport Interior fishing rod hanging ideas? 1676521870264
Sponsored

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Could you use something like this on the rear quarter panel glass to run the the strap across the cargo area? Then use the handles in the rear seat area for the front one?

Ford Bronco Sport Interior fishing rod hanging ideas? 1676524480011

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am trying to find or make something to hang fishing rods inside on the roof similar to the picture I posted below. The problem is I am trying to find a way to mount the reels in the back but there are no roof hooks or anything to latch anything onto. The only thing suggested to me was to leave the back glass open which isn't reasonable. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco Sport Interior fishing rod hanging ideas? 1676521870264
Check out Hapo fishing rod holder on Amazon. It holds 4 rods and hangs behind the front seat. I looked at all different types of rod holders and didn't like them hanging down from the top. This one has been the perfect solution.
Amazon.com: iMunir Fishing Rod Holder Carrier for Car Backseat ... https://g.co/kgs/HFVcUc

OP
OP
greengrass47

greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Check out Hapo fishing rod holder on Amazon. It holds 4 rods and hangs behind the front seat. I looked at all different types of rod holders and didn't like them hanging down from the top. This one has been the perfect solution.
Amazon.com: iMunir Fishing Rod Holder Carrier for Car Backseat ... https://g.co/kgs/HFVcUc
Appreciate the suggestion. I have seen that one before, the only thing I dislike is a few of my rods don't break down. I've got a 6'6" Falcon bass rod and a few others that are just one piece.

SoCalStig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Fusion
I put together a DIY cargo area cover (needs some additional refining) that the reels and grips sit on, and made a "rack" out of wood 1" x 1" and some gym mat connectors that attach to the passenger side headrest posts. I can easily transport 3 fishing poles without problem, and possibly 4 of I remove the rear center headrest.

OP
OP
greengrass47

greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
I put together a DIY cargo area cover (needs some additional refining) that the reels and grips sit on, and made a "rack" out of wood 1" x 1" and some gym mat connectors that attach to the passenger side headrest posts. I can easily transport 3 fishing poles without problem, and possibly 4 of I remove the rear center headrest.
Would you mind posting a picture?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Why won't the product you linked work? It goes on the oh-shit handles. I wish we had 4, but we have three so that solves the issue in the rear. Some of those strappy ones are sold with suction cups to use as anchors. There is a product called rod-up that is just an expandable pole with suction cups.

Do you need the other seats free? There are mounts that suction cup to the passenger windows and you run them down the side. There are others that use a headrest hole for platforms. So you put one on the front and rear or remove those headrests and plug it in. If you need the seating then yeah, lot less options for inside.

OP
OP
greengrass47

greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Why won't the product you linked work? It goes on the oh-shit handles. I wish we had 4, but we have three so that solves the issue in the rear. Some of those strappy ones are sold with suction cups to use as anchors. There is a product called rod-up that is just an expandable pole with suction cups.

Do you need the other seats free? There are mounts that suction cup to the passenger windows and you run them down the side. There are others that use a headrest hole for platforms. So you put one on the front and rear or remove those headrests and plug it in. If you need the seating then yeah, lot less options for inside.
I suppose it’s a Big Bend thing, but I only have 2 handles. A pair by the front seat and a pair by the back seat which leaves a lot of room with nothing on the inside roof. If I had a 3rd in the back it would be problem solved.
I have my backseats laid down and am building a deck that will go all the way from the trunk to right behind the front seats. I have never heard of mounts going along the side but that sounds awesome, I’ll have to check that out as well as rod-up.

SoCalStig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Fusion
Here is my setup for transporting 2 - 4 fishing poles. 7'6" is about the longest I have transported this way, but an 8' rod would probably fit as well.
I need to work on improving the rear cargo cover/shade, but it works for now.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior fishing rod hanging ideas? 20230218_090148