First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
True true…. I always do two deals if I have them. First we work the price of the new car and it’s never about the car payment. I have a finance and an accounting degree; I don’t need a lesson in payments. We will discuss the bottom line price of the car. We won’t even discuss if I have a trade or not. Once we come to an agreement on that, then we can discuss a possible trade. Oh, I can be a bitch and a half when it comes to dealers. I will tell you this, I find the lower in the food chain of models, the worse they are. The “nicer” the brand, they usually behave better. Sad that it’s that way.
I sent pics of my old '14 CRV 72k miles top trim all options garage kept zero blemishes to my dealer. Never gave a quote. So I bought Sport when it came in and took CRV to CarMax next day who offered 4k over their online quote. So avoided the whole trade in rip off crook lying dealer run around games.
Sponsored

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My dealer gave me an embarrassingly low offer on my wife's '12 Hybrid Limited last year. It went to Carvana.

Will probably sell my '14 to Carmax when my wife's BS BL arrives.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I don't know about other states but in New York you have to consider the sales tax. If you sell your car outright, you have to pay sales tax on the entire purchase price of your new vehicle. If you trade your car in, that amount get subtracted from the purchase price. That figure is a lot smaller, and you pay a lot less sales tax. The difference could be thousands of dollars, and this should be considered before making your final decision.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about other states but in New York you have to consider the sales tax. If you sell your car outright, you have to pay sales tax on the entire purchase price of your new vehicle. If you trade your car in, that amount get subtracted from the purchase price. That figure is a lot smaller, and you pay a lot less sales tax. The difference could be thousands of dollars, and this should be considered before making your final decision.
Yeah if I would have got 18k on trade in I would have saved $1,000 on taxes, six percent. But highly likely would have been low balled on trade in and been worse off. Years ago I traded in scum bag rip off crook dealers told me since I was saving on taxes they were low balling. So yeah theoretically trade in could be better but good luck with that.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Sles tax wasn't an issue when the dealership's offer was $3k less.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Maybe not in your case but buyers should know their options
Right in some cases its favorable. In other cases not. Then there are others that like to drive old one in drive new one out cause its easier and they don't care about 'splitting hairs'...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
It is being prepped for a 7pm delivery woo hoo. No more mind games with myself.
Once you get that beauty donn't forget to post up pics for all your forum buddies.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
This will Bring the winds of Change to sweep the clouds away. To be named.

20230124_205412.jpg
Gotta admit, after seeing a couple of those Pepper Red Sports around I really like that color. If I was to order again today, it'd be a tough choice not to go that route.