IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I have no clue. But at this point it gets there when it gets there. I’m confident, I think, that it is at the rail yard. I’ve left the maverick orders alone. Not even touching those.
I would have left it alone but I was planning on having a bed line sprayed in on day one so if I could have it done at the factory for the same price and get the bedrails for free, I figured why not. Dealership has come up with multiple excuses as to why not. Never heard about the memo, then it'll raise my price by thousands, then it'll put my order behind all other orders in Ford's system. Each time showing them it's not true. Finally yesterday after two weeks of them "looking into it", they texted me that Ford has told all dealers they can't make any changes to orders as it messes up the scheduling for the year. Not to worry though, they can do a bed liner and rails for $1,300 after it arrives. Rails aren't very important so I'm back to my original plan of leaving dealership and driving straight to a shop for the bed liner. Main thing is it just makes ya question everything more. Wish I'd gone to another dealership now.
Sponsored

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I would have left it alone but I was planning on having a bed line sprayed in on day one so if I could have it done at the factory for the same price and get the bedrails for free, I figured why not. Dealership has come up with multiple excuses as to why not. Never heard about the memo, then it'll raise my price by thousands, then it'll put my order behind all other orders in Ford's system. Each time showing them it's not true. Finally yesterday after two weeks of them "looking into it", they texted me that Ford has told all dealers they can't make any changes to orders as it messes up the scheduling for the year. Not to worry though, they can do a bed liner and rails for $1,300 after it arrives. Rails aren't very important so I'm back to my original plan of leaving dealership and driving straight to a shop for the bed liner. Main thing is it just makes ya question everything more. Wish I'd gone to another dealership now.
Now I think your dealership is full of crap!!! Mine will do the spray in bedliner for the price of what it costs if you added it on when building your order; so save price as a factory option. Your dealer is screwing you over on that one. And why would Ford come out with that offer and then tell them not to make changes? That’s the only way to get the offer on your order, is to make the changes. Hello, McFly, is anyone home? I think your dealer is lazy.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I think your dealership is full of crap!!! Mine will do the spray in bedliner for the price of what it costs if you added it on when building your order; so save price as a factory option. Your dealer is screwing you over on that one. And why would Ford come out with that offer and then tell them not to make changes? That’s the only way to get the offer on your order, is to make the changes. Hello, McFly, is anyone home? I think your dealer is lazy.
Exactly! I can have a bed liner sprayed at local shops for $500 all day long. I asked them the same question. Why would Ford come out with packages like that if you can't add them to orders? Hell it's even on the damn build and price site as a package now. It's either laziness, or wanting to make a few extra bucks off me. Either way really taints my trust in them.

Ford Bronco Sport In production but no date showing Screenshot_20230120-194122

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Exactly! I can have a bed liner sprayed at local shops for $500 all day long. I asked them the same question. Why would Ford come out with packages like that if you can't add them to orders? Hell it's even on the damn build and price site as a package now. It's either laziness, or wanting to make a few extra bucks off me. Either way really taints my trust in them.

Ford Bronco Sport In production but no date showing Screenshot_20230120-194122
Cowin Ford? Hold on… let me 😂😂😂😂. Okay. I’m back. They are full of 💩.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cowin Ford? Hold on… let me 😂😂😂😂. Okay. I’m back. They are full of 💩.
Ya, I wish I'd gone to the next dealer over about 40 miles away. When the order banks opened I was about 10 minutes from them so I went there. Should've just made the drive.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Mine has not arrived at the dealer as of yet. Since ce I had bought the used one I had a stupid thought of... Why have 2 the same and I started shopping used G6 Broncos. Holy Crap the peddled BS I've been dealing with. I wish my BSBL would get here so I can stop THINKING and start personalizing. My brain. And emotionally stability is wavering lol.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Mine has not arrived at the dealer as of yet. Since ce I had bought the used one I had a stupid thought of... Why have 2 the same and I started shopping used G6 Broncos. Holy Crap the peddled BS I've been dealing with. I wish my BSBL would get here so I can stop THINKING and start personalizing. My brain. And emotionally stability is wavering lol.
I totally get that. My mind starts going all over the place looking at other vehicles. ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! They keep telling me sooooon…

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Ya, I wish I'd gone to the next dealer over about 40 miles away. When the order banks opened I was about 10 minutes from them so I went there. Should've just made the drive.
It’s a long story, but I get weekly emails from them advertising their inventory and recent price drops. I just laugh.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
It’s a long story, but I get weekly emails from them advertising their inventory and recent price drops. I just laugh.
It really sucks this car market. I found a Black Diamond 2 door that checks a lot of boxes for me. It is used but low miles. The one thing stopping me is it about 90 minutes away. It's a long drive round trip.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
It really sucks this car market. I found a Black Diamond 2 door that checks a lot of boxes for me. It is used but low miles. The one thing stopping me is it about 90 minutes away. It's a long drive round trip.
There seems to be inventory around me. I see lots of blue window stickers. I’d love a big Bronco, but it really isn’t practical, I don’t need it, I’m sure not buying one for my daughter. So I’ll continue to spend free time “window shopping”

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
There seems to be inventory around me. I see lots of blue window stickers. I’d love a big Bronco, but it really isn’t practical, I don’t need it, I’m sure not buying one for my daughter. So I’ll continue to spend free time “window shopping”
The final answer is if I find in the next year I am doing enough to warrant a more capable off road vehicle I will just order a G6 Bronco. I just can not bring myself to pay a premium on a used vehicle let alone a new one. I really hope all of these dealers that paid premiums for these vehicles take it in the shorts hard this coming year. Especially when even at invoice the still make between 1 and 2 grand off a vehicle. Hold backs floor planning etc. The 2 door I was looking at has 4500 miles and asking 47k for a vehicle that snickered at 45k. And I noticed the typo and thought it works. Lol. Hopefully my BSBL arrives tomorrow.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
The final answer is if I find in the next year I am doing enough to warrant a more capable off road vehicle I will just order a G6 Bronco. I just can not bring myself to pay a premium on a used vehicle let alone a new one. I really hope all of these dealers that paid premiums for these vehicles take it in the shorts hard this coming year. Especially when even at invoice the still make between 1 and 2 grand off a vehicle. Hold backs floor planning etc. The 2 door I was looking at has 4500 miles and asking 47k for a vehicle that snickered at 45k. And I noticed the typo and thought it works. Lol. Hopefully my BSBL arrives tomorrow.
There is something seriously wrong in this world when they are asking more than sticker on a used vehicle. I’m with you, I hope they eat it!!! I think supply is going to catch up, it already is. With interest rates rising and the price of car’s rising and gawd knows everything else rising, people can’t afford them. I seriously see inventory at the dealers near me. Some are still greedy and they’ve always been the slimy ones that I’d never do business with, but the others you can already see prices coming down.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
There is something seriously wrong in this world when they are asking more than sticker on a used vehicle. I’m with you, I hope they eat it!!! I think supply is going to catch up, it already is. With interest rates rising and the price of car’s rising and gawd knows everything else rising, people can’t afford them. I seriously see inventory at the dealers near me. Some are still greedy and they’ve always been the slimy ones that I’d never do business with, but the others you can already see prices coming down.
Funny how the car salesman would ask YOU so what do you owe on your trade in. Now the question is on the other hand. That's the problem with the 2 door I was looking at. They are line we have more than your offer into it lmao.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Funny how the car salesman would ask YOU so what do you owe on your trade in. Now the question is on the other hand. That's the problem with the 2 door I was looking at. They are line we have more than your offer into it lmao.
True true…. I always do two deals if I have them. First we work the price of the new car and it’s never about the car payment. I have a finance and an accounting degree; I don’t need a lesson in payments. We will discuss the bottom line price of the car. We won’t even discuss if I have a trade or not. Once we come to an agreement on that, then we can discuss a possible trade. Oh, I can be a bitch and a half when it comes to dealers. I will tell you this, I find the lower in the food chain of models, the worse they are. The “nicer” the brand, they usually behave better. Sad that it’s that way.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I'm lucky enough at this time of my life to be able to pay cash for a vehicle. First thing I do is research, so I know exactly what model, colors, and options I want. Once that is done you can get a pretty close MSRP of the vehicle you want. My trade-in is paid for, so You need to check for the going trade-in values in your area. (Check Dealer web sites to see if they are selling a comparable model and for how much). Then I go to the dealer. I only have 2 questions. 1. What price are you selling me this vehicle for. 2. What trade-in value are you giving me? The difference between these is the price you pay. You can go to as many dealers as you want and just compare prices. My trade-in is always in excellent shape with low miles. The Ford Edge I traded in for my OBX was on the dealer's lot for $3000 more than he gave me just 2 days later. A friend once told me "If you think you got a good deal, then you did".
Sponsored

Last edited: