If you had $2000 for mods…

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Lift kit. Car really needs a few more inches of clearance....which it appears the 25 BL may have so I'm excited to see the specs come out on that car.
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I’ve wondered if because the BS is low to begin with doesn’t the sliders decrease ground clearance? Would love to see some slimline sliders as I can see some potential function but the RC and another brand seem so chunky for the BS frame. 🤔
Total Cost for all the JCR Offroad stuff is $2164. I'd make it under the $2k mark since I already have their CAT skid ($299) :sunglasses:. Per their website, the rock sliders do not decrease ground clearance. Cheers!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ceramic coating or PPF for sure, along with paint correction. With many adventures come many battle scars. My BL has quite a few for only 16k miles and I wish I'd protected it when it was still brand new.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
Total Cost for all the JCR Offroad stuff is $2164. I'd make it under the $2k mark since I already have their CAT skid ($299) :sunglasses:. Per their website, the rock sliders do not decrease ground clearance. Cheers!
Ahh and ooo that’s good to know. Will check theirs out. Thank you 😊

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Per their website, the rock sliders do not decrease ground clearance.
You're not lying, their website does say that.
Ford Bronco Sport If you had $2000 for mods… Capture.PNG

But I flat out don't believe them. Those things definitely hang down below the pinch weld.
Ford Bronco Sport If you had $2000 for mods… BSSD-SL_05_1024x682

There might be some semantic difference between "ground clearance" and distance to the ground at the door sills. Maybe they mean they don't hang down any lower than other components under the vehicle... but there's clearly a sacrifice to be made here right at the wheel line.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Ahh and ooo that’s good to know. Will check theirs out. Thank you 😊
Note that some of the JCR Offroad items do not fit the First Edition BS (just in case you don't notice it on their site). Cheers!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Maybe they mean they don't hang down any lower than other components under the vehicle... but there's clearly a sacrifice to be made here right at the wheel line.
"Ground clearance" is always measured from the component closest to the ground. Most people who install rock sliders understand you give up space between the ground the vehicle body, but that's precisely why they install them, to prevent things touching and damaging the vehicle body.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lift kit, Borla exhaust a tune and a CAI. should about cover it. Tires are a maintenance item
I like your list but beg to differ on tires. If you’re talking pirelli a/s then yes, we agree but oversized MT, K02, or Falken R/T with new wheels makes a huge difference and costs more than many internal mods. I made more $$ off my BMWs trades due to wheel/tire upgrades and less because it was tuned. So ok let’s call the thread _ upgrades 🙌🏼

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Underbody armor (Not carpet) if you plan on playing in ruts or rocks. Personally, I don’t think you can lift these enough to make a huge difference but 2 inches is 2 inches so there is that. The issue is most off road vehicles today are running 35, 37, or 40’s and the ruts they make create havoc for those running on 30’s. Really depends on where you play off road and of course the lines you pick, but in many places, you don’t have much choice. Keeping your charcoal canister protected should be first on the list after the front end if you don’t have a Badlands.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ceramic coating is a must, I've noticed Ford's paint is not always the best, definitely on my list as well the Rally Innovations light bar and skid plate combo.
the RI bar compliments the BS so nicely.