If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I’m going to order a Maverick so I can wait forever for 2 different Fords.
Make sure to get the Lariat, AWD, 2.0L engine, and power moonroof. Maybe end of '22 delivery? With like 8 different Build Week dates along the way? Maybe 'in production' then 'production hold' with no explanation? All that fun stuff...

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I checked a particular local Subaru dealer's site today. The same dealer had about 10-12 Crosstrek a few of each trim level basically. That was may be month and a half ago. Today they have none. Damn. There goes my Crosstrek as a backup plan.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Well time to pick up some Birkenstocks, a puppy and some patchouli oil. I've got my eye on a Low miles used Subaru Crosstrek. Probably add some BKG KO2's on 15" wheels to make it suck less and unload it once I can get into a badlands. Just confirmed that my badlands is waiting on chips until the end of October. Who knows maybe I'll like it?

How much do you want to be it gets build the day I buy something else?

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much do you want to be it gets build the day I buy something else?
The way things work out, I'd say the chance is high.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I have an Outer Banks on order and likely to be delayed. May I ask why you're selling?
If I remember correctly I have seen on another post Steven said he works for a dealer

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Starting to look around for my backup choices... Things aren't as bad as with Ford but are going downhill with other brands as well. I get a feeling that if I continue to wait another month+ until my July 19th build things will get considerably worse inventory wise. And if Ford delays again, which is a 50/50 shot at this point, then I'm really screwed. From what I read Q3 is gonna be the bottom of the chip shortages so I suspect my gut is correct. Decisions, decisions.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I drove by a couple of local Ford dealers yesterday and one had none on their lot and the other one listed 3 on their website, but we saw 5, two of them maybe orders waiting for the buyers?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Starting to look around for my backup choices... Things aren't as bad as with Ford but are going downhill with other brands as well. I get a feeling that if I continue to wait another month+ until my July 19th build things will get considerably worse inventory wise. And if Ford delays again, which is a 50/50 shot at this point, then I'm really screwed. From what I read Q3 is gonna be the bottom of the chip shortages so I suspect my gut is correct. Decisions, decisions.
I am in the same boat.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I checked a particular local Subaru dealer's site today. The same dealer had about 10-12 Crosstrek a few of each trim level basically. That was may be month and a half ago. Today they have none. Damn. There goes my Crosstrek as a backup plan.
Hate to say it, I know some are angry at Ford...it's not Ford. It's global stupid...every dealer feeling the same problem.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to say it, I know some are angry at Ford...it's not Ford. It's global stupid...every dealer feeling the same problem.
Yeah, it's definitely not Ford as the root cause of the issue. And I don't blame them cause blaming ain't gonna resolve anything.

Having said that... :) where I think Ford did drop the ball is with all that scheduling, re-scheduling over and over, and often lack of communication. I know just in time manufacturing and all, but then isn't scheduled for production means we've got everything we need to complete that order? I guess the answer to that is no. And in that case scheduled for production, about the only window into the process from our end, means nothing. And going further, they, Ford that is, see all that way ahead of us, so some clear communication with adjusted expectations would've been great.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
i agree to a point but Ford has not made it any easier to get some real information. I don’t believe anything I’m told at this point, especially from my dealer. I’m suspicious that they’d be happy to have me bail on my order so they can sell my badlands at 5k+ over msrp. Ford isn’t responsible but they aren’t making it any easier.
Sponsored