If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I was checking out dealers near by. One has what looked like Area 51 in stock Bronco (not a BS one that is).
A lot of dealers have early build dealer demos. So yes some are out there. But Ford will be busy through '22 filling all the current orders. Demand for big Bronco is nuts...
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was checking out dealers near by. One has what looked like Area 51 in stock Bronco (not a BS one that is).
The Wayne MI plant has a TON of them on the lot ready for distribution soon. If it's anything along the lines of the Sport release, most are pre-orders...wonder how many will end up dealer stock just to get some on the streets, or due to someone bailing on their long-overdue order?

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Crazy thought... :crazy: what kind of a $$$ punishment I'd be looking at if I were to get a backup vehicle, 4Runner new at that, and part with it in favor of BS a month or 2 later? Ordinarily I'd say I'm gonna get killed on that, but in this market, I don't know... That's why I'm asking.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Crazy thought... :crazy: what kind of a $$$ punishment I'd be looking at if I were to get a backup vehicle, 4Runner new at that, and part with it in favor of BS a month or 2 later? Ordinarily I'd say I'm gonna get killed on that, but in this market, I don't know... That's why I'm asking.
At this point you aren't wrong. My challenger is due to turn in this month. We've pondered selling it outright and paying off the buyout, keep the profit...lots of ALL makes and models here are bare. One used lot closed their doors no inventory of any kind...market is ripe.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I was seriously thinking about a Slingshot!

Just for the fun factor ?

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was seriously thinking about a Slingshot!

Just for the fun factor ?
Lol. You know you likely can't get it due to the same chip shortage. Local Honda/Polaris dealer has nothing but a few bikes on the lot.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Lol. You know you likely can't get it due to the same chip shortage. Local Honda/Polaris dealer has nothing but a few bikes on the lot.
Yeah, same here! But I was looking for sure.......... :crackup:

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I’ve been looking at the same numbers. It all comes down to how long the supply is compromised. It’s going to come back but I suspect it’s going to get worse before it gets better. It’s a gamble but I suspect I’ll be able to buy a very low miles 2020 Subaru and sell it in a year or less and not loose much. May even break even. I have the benefit of no sales tax in Oregon which in itself is huge.

I just spent about $1100 to rent a RAV4 for a two week road trip. Wish I’d bought something before that but I was expecting my BS in early July ?.

I sold a fiesta ST about a year ago for 10k. Just to torture myself I checked and the same car is easily worth 15k now.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve been looking at the same numbers. It all comes down to how long the supply is compromised. It’s going to come back but I suspect it’s going to get worse before it gets better. It’s a gamble but I suspect I’ll be able to buy a very low miles 2020 Subaru and sell it in a year or less and not loose much. May even break even. I have the benefit of no sales tax in Oregon which in itself is huge.

I just spent about $1100 to rent a RAV4 for a two week road trip. Wish I’d bought something before that but I was expecting my BS in early July ?.

I sold a fiesta ST about a year ago for 10k. Just to torture myself I checked and the same car is easily worth 15k now.
My guess...we've hit bottom. Summer is usually a build push anyways, most lots are empty. Has to right itself soon.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I read from various sources: it'd take about a year at a minimum to get more chip production capacity online; Q3 is gonna be the bottom of it; things are worse for big 3 cause they were the least prepared; it could last til the end of the year or into 2022.

IMHO, I don't see any changes to the this wave until a few things happen - either demand is satisfied or some event, like recession for instance, causes for everyone to put the hard breaks on it. With gov printing money like crazy and economy waking up we are in for a wild ride.

So I think for the next 6 months or so things are likely to continue to be strong sellers market, ie stay the same or get worse. A year - I don't know, I'm not so sure.

Disclaimer, I'm not an economist and I don't have a crystal ball.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There was talk several years back of Toyota making a smaller more fuel efficient FJ Cruiser, which would have been sized to be a good competitor for the Sport. Toyota's conservative leadership canned it and we ended up with the RAV4 Adventure and RAV4 TRD. Neither are worthy competitors. The 4Runner is too large and inefficient for me too.
I owned an FJ Cruiser for 8 years. Best thing I ever purchased. I miss it bad. If they come out with a new one I’m in.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked for more signs of chip shortages easing last night. Reports were conflicting. Some said worst of it is over, others had confirmed that new capacity would take at least a year to bring online. About the only positive news I found is some Japanese chip plant damaged by fire this past spring is back to almost full capacity. At the same time I saw this morning that Samsung had suspended production of their next near-flagship phone due to... that's right, chip shortage. It said that it's not that Samsung don't have chips, they just don't enough of them.

I think I'm gonna give my delayed BL order another chance and see where it leads. I figured if it gets pushed back it's gonna be sometime halfway, which is still not that far off from now. And then I'm out for sure. Otherwise ZipCar is a backup plan for the next 2 months.

Goleta Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I couldn't get a BS Badlands, so my second choice is: a Big Bend. There may not be many out there on dealer lots, but there are some. I was able to find the color and build I wanted by diligent online searching, got MSRP minus the rebate. And I'm really happy with my new Bronco Sport!

GirlsFlyFish2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Lease the Jeep for a short time.
Yeah- wranglers are like 15k more near me and scarce…I unloaded my wrangler (just in time to get good trade in $$ while it was completing its circling the drain). I wanted the comparable regular Bronco but seeing how backed up that order is and how the Wrangler had to go before it died, we got the Bronco Sport (for now) and it’s actually cool! But I’m still waiting for the Reg Bronco and looking at the upside of the bugs being worked out in a few years.
Sponsored