I'd like to beat the snot out of a dead horse... sorta...

BroncoRob

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2005 Ford EX
MJbronco is spot on. Gently remove the two wire clips from the bracket located to the top right of the engine. Pull up on the bracket deliberately but not violently - it pops off and the long stud is already there.

Don't let your dealership sell you the long white stud or engine cover insulator - the crazy looking foam gasket. It is already there.

You only need the engine cover and three of the *threaded* black short studs. Use 1/2" or 13MM extended socket to tighten the threaded short studs. It is a five minute job.
Sponsored

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
actually no because i dont have anywhere to put the long post. there is a bracket right where it should be. im going to order 2 more of the short posts and just have the 3 holding it down
For whatever reason, there's no threading to attach the long post. My salesman helped attach the three short posts and it held the cover securely in place.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
For whatever reason, there's no threading to attach the long post. My salesman helped attach the three short posts and it held the cover securely in place.
ive since figured it out, took all of 5 minutes
Sponsored