I have a VIN number!

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Update: Dealer just reached out and said mine will be built mid December. Ford had emailed several weeks ago with a build the week of Jan 11. Fingers crossed...
Sponsored

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Someone want to remind me or link Ford marketing number on this thread again? Iā€™m having trouble unburying it from all the other posts when I search. Curious how far ahead of schedule Ford is as it seems a lot of people are getting notice sooner.
1 (800) 334-4375 or 1 (800) 392-3673 and go to sales. You'll need your order number although he found mine with the confirmation number also.

BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, Ford Ranger
Got my Built confirmation today!
Ford Bronco Sport I have a VIN number! 1607641829922

Ordered: 7/22
Scheduled: 12/7
Built: 12/10
Delivered...Hopefully 12/28!

I did have to go through Ford Sales for my VIN and just about everything else. Not even sure if my dealership know this is coming at the end of the month.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Just got my email from Ford telling me my Bronco sport has been built and should be in Virginia January 8 -14. Outer Banks with outer banks package. Area 51. Original email said build week of January 4. I'm ready!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealer got a BB demonstrator yesterday. I got to do a test drive. A few observations.

Overall like the vehicle. For all the reasons we have already discussed.

It feels bigger, taller inside. Also shorter than I imagined, especially the back cargo area. My wife loved the airy feeling of the interior. Thinks the moon roof will make this even better.

It is possible to lie down in back but would need to be built up behind front seats. Plus there is a bump there back seats fold down.

At 6 feet, I was able to sit in back seat ok. That is good. Prob would not want to journey for hours back there.

Seats were comfortable. They felt a little short, coming just past mid thigh. But for my wife just fine. She wished it was easier to raise the seat. The BL package offers electric controls for this.

Happy to discover that the steering wheel telescopes back and forth as well as up and down. That helps. Agree that this steering wheel felt a little plastic-y. Leather wrap would help.

Visibility was good except around C pillar. The bumps in front hood are cool and take getting used to.

There was more road noise than maybe I expected. Not bad but not quiet. Not sure how it will be with the Falkkens.

I think Iā€™m going to need help installing my mobile radio antenna.

Peppy and stiff. My wife says she felt very confident driving this.

Lots of storage options, and clever. Very well thought out.

The rear gate is great. She thought it was super easy to rause and lower the gate (no need for electric help ?). Of course, being able to raise just the glass is brilliant.

Looking forward to getting our BL+BL in January.

Last edited:

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Recurring theme - got my email from Ford that my OB is built. Was originally scheduled for week of January 11, ended up being built December 11 (was kind of looking forward to having that extra month for down payment savings, oh well...). Should be delivered around when it was originally scheduled to be built!

Cactus Gray OB + OB package, cargo management, tow package.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Just got my ā€œShippedā€ email from Ford. Original build week was 1/4 but was built 12/10. ETA is about 2-3 weeks for delivery. Badlands no BL package no CMS

Dubblxtc

First Edition
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Have my VIN for First Edition Sport and that itā€™s on its way to my dealer. I didnā€™t review call or email to build mine and choose color. Anyone else?

vronca

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 XLT
Just got my ā€œShippedā€ email from Ford. Original build week was 1/4 but was built 12/10. ETA is about 2-3 weeks for delivery. Badlands no BL package no CMS
How long was everyone's BS in the "In Production" stage on the tracking website? Mine has been there for a good week or so. Today was the official build date but still no word..been refreshing like crazy

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Ford Bronco Sport I have a VIN number! Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 8.06.04 AM

Ford updated the delivery! Looks like David Bowie/Elvis Presley birthday to boot!

So, not having the build week of 1/14 to a delivery date to 1/8!

Very surprised!

Now do I name it Elvis or Bowie??? Oh, the decisions... the agonizing decisions!

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Toyota Corolla
How long was everyone's BS in the "In Production" stage on the tracking website? Mine has been there for a good week or so. Today was the official build date but still no word..been refreshing like crazy
Same here. Moved to the ā€œin productionā€ phase on 12/8 but I havenā€™t seen any update since then. My understanding was that it take a couple days to build, but that makes me think itā€™s not actually being built yet.

Either way, it sounds like itā€™s ahead of my 1/4 scheduled build week.

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I received my vin number from the dealer and the build history.
Sent to plant Dec 2
Body shop Dec 8
Produced Dec 9
Released Dec 10
Awaiting shipment Dec 10

Shipping start Jan 14 end date Jan 20

Do they really wait that long to ship?

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Mine is finally in transit. Dealer contacted me this morning and said it is showing that it will arrive December 23-29th. Fingers crossed the holidays don't slow it down.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just received Ford e-mail stating that my BL has been built and awaiting a ride on the choo-choo (not in those words). I found out a few hours ago about that.

Ford states that it should arrive between 1/3 and 1/9!

So:

2 months from Order to Production.
30 days from VIN to built.
3-3 1/2 weeks until delivery.

Now, if I had info on my 2021 F-150 Lariat I'd be happy!

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received my vin number from the dealer and the build history.
Sent to plant Dec 2
Body shop Dec 8
Produced Dec 9
Released Dec 10
Awaiting shipment Dec 10

Shipping start Jan 14 end date Jan 20

Do they really wait that long to ship?
Well, you are in Canada, right? The Virus makes border crossings take longer. I would think that may be the case.
Sponsored