The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Just FYI for some reason the Badlands and first edition sports are getting lowball offers from all these car places. People are making a profit on the big bands and outer banks but would be taking a loss with the badlands. If you could really afford to buy both and sell the 22 privately you might just be better off canceling the order
Just for grins I put the VIN for the BL on Carvana and got a quote that was $500 more than I got on my Outer Banks so your are correct, the BL isn't bringing in any more money. They are giving me about $800 more than MSRP. Carvana certainly is selling BL's for more money. I wonder what Carmax would give me, they didn't have a BL/BL last time I looked but were asking $44k for just a BL and had a couple of First Editions for $47K.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I apologize in advance if anyone gets mad about my opinion, and will admit that the co pilot 360 system could possibly save my life in certain situations, but I still think it is not necessary 99% of the time if the driver is paying attention.

Blind spot detection - Situational awareness and using your own eyes negates most of this advantage.

Lane keeping - Since the first lines were painted on the roads people knew to stay between them. Mostly helps sleepy people. If your sleepy you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Pre collision braking - one of the more useful defensive systems against other drivers so no problem with this one

Adaptive cruise control - Its called cruise control, not auto pilot. If you pay attention to what your doing you will notice if your approaching a car doing 20 in a 90. Mostly for lazy distracted drivers.

Evasive steering - this feature even says it wont steer for you just help if you do the right thing in the first place

Rear view camera - isn't this one required by law on new cars anyway? my current 2010 doesn't have it and I can still back up.

Active park assist - more useful in big cities which I avoid like the plague. No where I go requires parallel parking though I did learn how to do that decades ago.

Auto high beams - I have driven for over 20 years and can count the number of times I used high beams on one hand. Its just not something I use, and I drive mostly at night so in a way its strange I don't use them.

Blis trailer coverage - Did get the tow package, never tow anything. Its just there because it cant be added later easily.

Pro trailer backup - Same as above.

Hill descent control - I don't go off-road, never will if I can help it so the only road with hills I use is at the border of Georgia going north on 75.

Those features are from fords own page about 360 so if that info is wrong then oops. But since I read about the features and decided I didn't need them I never tried to confirm them.

Again I am sorry if anyone gets mad and thinks I am an idiot for not getting the co pilot 360 on my sport, but I just don't see the value in it for someone like me. Resale might be higher in some cases but I keep my vehicles 10+ years at which point they have no value anyway. Once I buy it I consider the money gone for good.
You don't have to apologize, you are entitled to your opinion and it is your money after all. I've been driving since 1975 so most of the cars I've owned in my life did not have any of this technology and we lived without it, some died without it. How many of us are super aware defensive drivers all the time, especially on long road trips. With my advancing years I really appreciate the technology making up for slower reaction times and worsening eyesight. I really love adaptive cruise control, so nice not having to constantly adjust your speed on the highway. I wouldn't buy a car with the Blind Spot Detection, that might be one of the most useful of all the Co-Pilot features and thankfully one that is standard equipment. The Co-Pilot+ package at $895 is mostly buying you Adaptive Cruise Control and Navigation. If one of those feature you listed saves your life and or prevents bodily injury I'd say it's worth it.

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150
You don't have to apologize, you are entitled to your opinion and it is your money after all. I've been driving since 1975 so most of the cars I've owned in my life did not have any of this technology and we lived without it, some died without it. How many of us are super aware defensive drivers all the time, especially on long road trips. With my advancing years I really appreciate the technology making up for slower reaction times and worsening eyesight. I really love adaptive cruise control, so nice not having to constantly adjust your speed on the highway. I wouldn't buy a car with the Blind Spot Detection, that might be one of the most useful of all the Co-Pilot features and thankfully one that is standard equipment. The Co-Pilot+ package at $895 is mostly buying you Adaptive Cruise Control and Navigation. If one of those feature you listed saves your life and or prevents bodily injury I'd say it's worth it.
We’re gonna get it because I’m pretty sure it’s the only way to get built in Nav.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’re gonna get it because I’m pretty sure it’s the only way to get built in Nav.
You are correct and I like the built in nav but that's a whole other thread. Until you have been driving in the mountains or sparsely populated places with poor or no cell coverage you don't realize how easy it is to lose navigation on your phone.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Didn't look into the navigation system. I just assumed it would require a subscription and or paid map updates and or have no features that google maps cant do. I also do have an older stand alone gps I like because you can make the voice Australian.

It is good to know most of the equipment is standard on a sport. Insurance wise my agent said it would only be 20 dollars for a month than I pay for an 11 year old no feature vehicle. High safety rating was the reason. Anything you can roll down a mountain and walk away from has to be good.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't look into the navigation system. I just assumed it would require a subscription and or paid map updates and or have no features that google maps cant do. I also do have an older stand alone gps I like because you can make the voice Australian.

It is good to know most of the equipment is standard on a sport. Insurance wise my agent said it would only be 20 dollars for a month than I pay for an 11 year old no feature vehicle. High safety rating was the reason. Anything you can roll down a mountain and walk away from has to be good.
It's not a paid subscription but you would have to pay for updates though the first update is complementary. If you want to do a DYI update there is a company called CyanLabs that has a free updater.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I apologize in advance if anyone gets mad about my opinion, and will admit that the co pilot 360 system could possibly save my life in certain situations, but I still think it is not necessary 99% of the time if the driver is paying attention.

Blind spot detection - Situational awareness and using your own eyes negates most of this advantage.

Lane keeping - Since the first lines were painted on the roads people knew to stay between them. Mostly helps sleepy people. If your sleepy you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Pre collision braking - one of the more useful defensive systems against other drivers so no problem with this one

Adaptive cruise control - Its called cruise control, not auto pilot. If you pay attention to what your doing you will notice if your approaching a car doing 20 in a 90. Mostly for lazy distracted drivers.

Evasive steering - this feature even says it wont steer for you just help if you do the right thing in the first place

Rear view camera - isn't this one required by law on new cars anyway? my current 2010 doesn't have it and I can still back up.

Active park assist - more useful in big cities which I avoid like the plague. No where I go requires parallel parking though I did learn how to do that decades ago.

Auto high beams - I have driven for over 20 years and can count the number of times I used high beams on one hand. Its just not something I use, and I drive mostly at night so in a way its strange I don't use them.

Blis trailer coverage - Did get the tow package, never tow anything. Its just there because it cant be added later easily.

Pro trailer backup - Same as above.

Hill descent control - I don't go off-road, never will if I can help it so the only road with hills I use is at the border of Georgia going north on 75.

Those features are from fords own page about 360 so if that info is wrong then oops. But since I read about the features and decided I didn't need them I never tried to confirm them.

Again I am sorry if anyone gets mad and thinks I am an idiot for not getting the co pilot 360 on my sport, but I just don't see the value in it for someone like me. Resale might be higher in some cases but I keep my vehicles 10+ years at which point they have no value anyway. Once I buy it I consider the money gone for good.
I like that they offer the 360+for the very reason that people can get what they need! I like the blind spot as you can enter the size of whatever you are towing (we are towing people) and it will then calculate what you are towing into the system and given the warning to include the trailer.

I also like the post collision avoidance. Having handled traffic accidents in the past, there was nothing worse than the poor ping pong ball car that got hit once, kept going hit another car, kept going hit another car, kept going and hit a pole. The post collision system activates the emergency brake after the first collision in an attempt to prevent to the rest of the ping pong ball issue from occurring.

Having lived in the Intermountain areas of the Rockies, high beams are almost a necessity, as is lowering them with oncoming traffic. You dont have to fumble and lower them.

Hill descent control…really can use in Colorado And we do plan to off-road

Like everyone says, there is no right or wrong. Options are just that. Things we add on because we need (or want) them.

We got a BS BL for that 4x4 so we can explore more than normal.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Nav systems are no longer pay and update wirelessly and I love how they find places you need by just asking… so enjoy!

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I also like the post collision avoidance. Having handled traffic accidents in the past, there was nothing worse than the poor ping pong ball car that got hit once, kept going hit another car, kept going hit another car, kept going and hit a pole. The post collision system activates the emergency brake after the first collision in an attempt to prevent to the rest of the ping pong ball issue from occurring.
I didn't even realize that was a thing I had -- it may help explain why I walked away uninjured from a high-speed four-car crash that totaled my Badlands. I got hit by at least two ping-ponging cars before taking out an offramp number sign, but I wasn't nearly as out of control as you might have expected.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I didn't even realize that was a thing I had -- it may help explain why I walked away uninjured from a high-speed four-car crash that totaled my Badlands. I got hit by at least two ping-ponging cars before taking out an offramp number sign, but I wasn't nearly as out of control as you might have expected.
Yup, Check this out

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
Yup, Check this out

Now that's some pretty awesome technology!
it will minimize the damage by preventing further collisions which will also prevent the occupants of the vehicle from incurring additional injuries that may be caused by further collisions.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
Boy am I glad I ordered early then for my BL with only an 8% build amount. I ordered on 9/10 and am slotted for a production week of 11/22.

Anyone have that reference to the 8% on the web?
I ordered my BL with the BL package and moonroof on October 13th after changing my mind on the OB which I had ordered on 924. The OB build date was supposed to be 1129. But I have yet to receive a build date for the BL and I did get the confirmation saying that it was ordered so hopefully I will get a date soon I was really hoping it would be getting to me before the end of theYear. But I am highly doubting it.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my BL with the BL package and moonroof on October 13th after changing my mind on the OB which I had ordered on 924. The OB build date was supposed to be 1129. But I have yet to receive a build date for the BL and I did get the confirmation saying that it was ordered so hopefully I will get a date soon I was really hoping it would be getting to me before the end of theYear. But I am highly doubting it.
I ordered my BL/BL on the 6th of October and received a build date of the week of Dec 6th. One thing that might hold your order up is the moonroof.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I ordered my BL/BL on the 6th of October and received a build date of the week of Dec 6th. One thing that might hold your order up is the moonroof.

That’s awesome! I just placed my bl/bl today without a moon roof. Be nice to have it before winter.