How much of a difference does Eco mode make?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Cutlass Olds 442,
Ford 302,
The Windsor and Cleveland blocks,
Mopar 318 & 340
Chevelle 327 badge on the fender and a 396 under the hood.
I’m old and forget but I think it was a Delta 88 with a 455
The L82,
The Muscle cars,
Now I’m in a three banger, LoL
And happy.
But I remember.
Your a better man than me. My wife has a HRV with a CV transmission and I just hate it. This was my first DD with an automatic. It’s not bad but it’s not the Lightning nor was I expecting it to be although the HP is actually more. But you can’t beat a V8 in my opinion except for gas mileage.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I also was checking the sport mode for the piped in V8 sound as reported on this forum. I couldn’t hear it but I’ve driven V8’s for a long time and never a Prius so perhaps my idea of what a V8 should sound like is different than others or perhaps my hearing sucks and it’s not a headered V8!
I don't believe the engine sound enhancement system was ever meant to make the 2.0L sound like a V8. I base this on comments from the 6th generation Mustang chief engineer, Dave Pericak, about the system as implemented in the Mustang. According to Pericak, "With the EcoBoost engine we have both active noise cancellation and we also amplify the existing engine sound order. We don't create an artificial sound; we don't pluck one off the shelf; we bring in the real sound, process it, and play it through the car's speakers."

One of the signature features of the EcoBoost engine design is integrating the exhaust manifold into the head. This is great for mitigating turbo lag because it reduces the volume of space between the exhaust valves and the turbocharger that must be pressurized to spin up the turbine wheel. But it's bad for making cool engine noises. In fact, the noises an unmuffled EcoBoost engine makes are decidedly NOT cool.

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
All these people getting 30-35mpg and I’m getting 24. 🤣
Sponsored