Will TPMS automatically relearn or require reprogramming when rotating tires?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
As my Sport is just about to click 8,000 miles I am planning to rotate the tires. Does anyone know if the TPMS used in BS will automatically relearn the new position, or if there is a procedure, where to find it? The Owner Manual managed to find space to tell me not to touch the battery terminals with a screwdriver, but leaves out anything useful about TPMS service...
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
As my Sport is just about to click 8,000 miles I am planning to rotate the tires. Does anyone know if the TPMS used in BS will automatically relearn the new position, or if there is a procedure, where to find it? The Owner Manual managed to find space to tell me not to touch the battery terminals with a screwdriver, but leaves out anything useful about TPMS service...
Although I haven't done it for the Bronco yet, I rotate the tires on the wife's Escape all the time and have never run into a TPMS issue. If you do, however, the video below shows how to force a system recalibration.

ck122

Big Bend
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco sport 1950 chevy style line deluxe
need to be programed

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Although I haven't done it for the Bronco yet, I rotate the tires on the wife's Escape all the time and have never run into a TPMS issue. If you do, however, the video below shows how to force a system recalibration.
Well, I'll try it and see what happens. In any case, at least a great video to bookmark. Nice and short and to the point.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The dealership rotated my tires and I have no idea if they reprogrammed it or not, but the display looks the same as it did before rotation.

I could feel a slight difference in the ride for a couple hundred miles though.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Rotated my 21 BL it found the correct tires.
Sponsored