Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle?

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Is there a way to program the mirrors to auto fold when locking?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Here in Brazil the 2022 model has electric folding mirros. Isn't this an option in USA?
Although I don't know this for a fact, my guess is Brazil requires automobiles be equipped with folding mirrors.

OP
OP

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Although I don't know this for a fact, my guess is Brazil requires automobiles be equipped with folding mirrors.
Folding mirrors are not required here. The 2021 model didnā€™t have it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Well, my next guess is that one of the markets for which Ford produces the 2022 Bronco Sport requires folding mirrors, and that happens to be the version sold in Brazil. I canā€™t think of another reason Ford would include such an option.

OP
OP

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Well, my next guess is that one of the markets for which Ford produces the 2022 Bronco Sport requires folding mirrors, and that happens to be the version sold in Brazil. I canā€™t think of another reason Ford would include such an option.
I know that people here like the folding mirrors because we have a LOT of smal motorcycles in our city streets and they run like crazy between the cars, sometimes crashing into to the mirrors of the cars, specially when we are parked waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. Maybe it's only a market choice here. Anyway, I think maybe I can change the settings in Forscan when it arrives here. Thanks.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
I know that people here like the folding mirrors because we have a LOT of smal motorcycles in our city streets and they run like crazy between the cars, sometimes crashing into to the mirrors of the cars, specially when we are parked waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. Maybe it's only a market choice here. Anyway, I think maybe I can change the settings in Forscan when it arrives here. Thanks.
My guess is that the Ford Brazil Marketing team has requested the option for your market. Iā€™m in Canada and retired from FOC Marketing. Canadian-spec vehicles are often different than other markets, including US, due to a number of factors including climate, consumer preferences, and purchasing habits.

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
no. Very few (mainly more $$$) has electric foldable mirros.

Here in Brazil, the 2022 has it, but it's not automactic with the lock, it only fold by pushing a button

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
in time, my last two Compass also had foldable and just like the BS, they didn't work automactic by locking the car. I bought an aftermarket unit that automated it....

- folding with the central lock
- tilt down right mirror in reverse

waiting for a version from this supplier for the BS with these features.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Here in Brazil the 2022 model has electric folding mirros. Isn't this an option in USA?
I would love it if the BS in the USA had power folding mirrors. I love that the most on my 2014 f150 for tight parking spots or just to avoid people running into the mirror breaking it off walking by it.

Now I'm secretly hoping my 2022, which is still yet to be delivered, is a Brazil model haha. šŸ˜…

OP
OP

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
My guess is that the Ford Brazil Marketing team has requested the option for your market. Iā€™m in Canada and retired from FOC Marketing. Canadian-spec vehicles are often different than other markets, including US, due to a number of factors including climate, consumer preferences, and purchasing habits.
That's my guess too.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A friend in KY had auto folding mirrors, and unbeknownst to him, they froze in the folded position following a snow/ice event.
When he started the ignition, there was a loud pop! that required $600+ repair.
Sometimes less is more.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
A friend in KY had auto folding mirrors, and unbeknownst to him, they froze in the folded position following a snow/ice event.
When he started the ignition, there was a loud pop! that required $600+ repair.
Sometimes less is more.
Interesting. Wonder if this is a Trim level thing. I have a BL coming with every option available just about, and I've always been under the impression that none of the trims had power folding mirrors.
Sponsored