Hot hot hot touchscreen!

FoxinSocks

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I picked up my new '23 OB a few days ago and I'm happy with most things so far.

One question, is it normal for the touchscreen to be hot? Is this a known issue or is it uncommon? It isn't just a bit warm, it is hot - the screen itself, not the back enclosure. It was about 85F outside, 65F inside, and I drove for about 50 minutes. I noticed it while driving. When I parked, I played with it a bit and the screen was uncomfortably hot to touch. I shut down the car and it cooled off quickly. Started back up and it began to climb in temp again.

I am planning on taking a surface temp reading and calling the dealer, but in the meantime, was curious if this is at all common? I dug through the service bulletins and didn't see anything.
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
That’s normal. It heats up pretty significantly and is hot to the touch.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Hmmm. I do not recall mine being uncomfortably hot to the touch. I would have it checked ASAP. It would seem an issue with anyone touching it, especially a child if this were the case of it being normal.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Could this have something to do with production issues? Maybe some units have been manufactured with different components due to shortages?

Ecom911

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Have you tried manually setting in night mode only? Mine doesn't get hot and I found the daylight screen far too distracting. Mine is set to night mode all the time.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could this have something to do with production issues? Maybe some units have been manufactured with different components due to shortages?
Sounds as if a hot pan was used for a screen with some folks BS's.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 22 BL gets incredibly hot whenever I’m using Apple CarPlay. Still functions normally though.
Screen hot to the touch?

OP
OP

FoxinSocks

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thanks everyone, I'm going to measure the temp and take it to the dealer. I don't always get taken seriously, so I like to go armed with some proof. I haven't had the car long enough to test it under very many conditions. The touchscreen got very hot running audio through bluetooth for about 50 minutes, with the display showing the audio screen continuously. I've lowered the brightness, but it feels like something isn't right.

My only other complaint so far is that the B&O audio sounds thin and tinny no matter what I play.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Mine is blazing hot when being used.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I picked up my new '23 OB a few days ago and I'm happy with most things so far.

One question, is it normal for the touchscreen to be hot? Is this a known issue or is it uncommon? It isn't just a bit warm, it is hot - the screen itself, not the back enclosure. It was about 85F outside, 65F inside, and I drove for about 50 minutes. I noticed it while driving. When I parked, I played with it a bit and the screen was uncomfortably hot to touch. I shut down the car and it cooled off quickly. Started back up and it began to climb in temp again.

I am planning on taking a surface temp reading and calling the dealer, but in the meantime, was curious if this is at all common? I dug through the service bulletins and didn't see anything.
Absolutely not…not even on the warmest of days.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only imagine a child (or adult) getting burned over this. It is not normal. I would get it to a dealer ASAP if it were mine.
Sponsored