• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Hood Struts

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Looks like they came as a pair . Poor advertising on their part .
Sponsored

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Their website officers an elite and plus version. Only the plus one is available on Amazon. I'm finding little difference between the two SKUs.i think elite has stainless struts vs black.

Does it matter ?

I'd leave the prop rod as it doesn't seem to be in the way too much from photos.

Last edited:

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Their website officers an elite and plus version. Only the plus one is available on Amazon. I'm finding little difference between the two SKUs.i think elite has stainless struts vs black.

Does it matter ?

I'd leave the prop rod as it doesn't seem to be in the way too much from photos.
Only difference is the struts are stainless steel vs. painted black. Mostly going to be a personal choice.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

Does it matter ?

I ordered the black version because it's just under the hood and with free shipping, was $18 less than the Redline site. The silver seems more dressed up like if you were going to bling the rest of the engine, but it does have an extra year of warranty. Extra $$ too. I agree about the prop rod. It can just stay, but I think the extra 5" lift is going to make a huge difference for changing wipers and cleaning the windshield drain. The rod doesn't go high enough to get the passenger blade under the hood.

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
I ordered the black version because it's just under the hood and with free shipping, was $18 less than the Redline site. The silver seems more dressed up like if you were going to bling the rest of the engine, but it does have an extra year of warranty. Extra $$ too. I agree about the prop rod. It can just stay, but I think the extra 5" lift is going to make a huge difference for changing wipers and cleaning the windshield drain. The rod doesn't go high enough to get the passenger blade under the hood.
I think you'll be happy with the choice. I did order and install the stainless rods but mostly for the dress-up reasons you mentioned. It would only be a one-off comparison but in the 8 years I had them installed on my Ford Escape (also the black painted ones) they began to get a little surface rust about 6 years or so out but always worked just fine. The ones on my Ridgeline always looked good but I only owned that vehicle for 6 years.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I wish i knew about these for the Escape. i would have loved to have this on my Mariner.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I bought a pair from Amazon as soon as I saw this and installed them today. I like a lot that the hood rises on it’s own with just a helpful start from one finger. As a bonus as someone mentioned it also opens several inches more than it does on the standard support. And finally, I feel a lot better closing my delicate feeling hood by having to pull it down slowly before giving it a firm push over the latch to close it. ??

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I bought a pair from Amazon as soon as I saw this and installed them today. I like a lot that the hood rises on it’s own with just a helpful start from one finger. As a bonus as someone mentioned it also opens several inches more than it does on the standard support. And finally, I feel a lot better closing my delicate feeling hood by having to pull it down slowly before giving it a firm push over the latch to close it. ??
Do you have the Amazon link? Thanks

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Put mine on today. I had a few pieces of vinyl leftover so I cut them to size and rolled it on prior to installing them.
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts IMG_20210614_203151779
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts IMG_20210614_203207562

Also figured out how I'm going to carry some emergency socket equipment around in the cargo stow. Thanks for the free tool bag, Redline! (The struts came in this).
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts IMG_20210614_203320364

OP
OP
casual_reader

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Thanks everybody. I bought and just installed the struts. Is anyone concerned that the left( passenger side) attachment point might rub against the windshield washer delivery system?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
OP
OP
casual_reader

casual_reader