• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Hood Struts

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
I have a set arriving Thursday, likely will install them this weekend. Not just good for people who work on their rides, but very handy for a height-challenged spouse. ?

Have had Redline hood struts on my 2001 Ford Escape and my 2008 Honda Ridgeline. Quality and installation were great in both cases, pretty much expecting the same for my Badlands.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I would be concerned with the blind nut in the hood. There's not a lot of surface area to grab in the slot on the hood. Seems like it would shift and flex over time when you open and close the hood.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I really like this solution, but our hoods have that double-release pull and no safety catch. So, I am wondering, if you pull the release lever twice, do the struts immediately pop up the hood or can you go out and gently raise it yourself?

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
It sounds like from the description that you do have to give it a lift. The video cuts to it already raising, but the person does seem to be pushing up with their finger. Would guess the struts don’t have much of an angle to lift until the hood is up a few inches.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
says $100 on the website
I didn't see it read per pair . It also reads it qualifies for free shipping over $ 149 , so how can it , if its only $ 100

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I didn't see it read per pair . It also reads it qualifies for free shipping over $ 149 , so how can it , if its only $ 100
good point, after I said that I was a little confused by the free shipping quote they had. You gonna be the guinea pig?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
good point, after I said that I was a little confused by the free shipping quote they had. You gonna be the guinea pig?
Not me , I'm not interested . If I have to get into a deep dive in the engine compartment , I'll take the hood off , of course that would be after the warranty is up .

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I will. I added it to cart and this is what the page says:

Calculate Shipping
(optional)
Shipping Rates:
(change my address)
SELECT SHIPPING METHOD[UPS Ground] (3-7 days) $6.95 [UPS 2nd Day Air] (2 days) $19.93 Local pickup at RT Store (Ann Arbor, MI)
United States, OR

You are $49.05 from qualifying for free shipping.
Look for this icon on qualifying products:
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts Icon_FreeShippin

Do Not Select if outside Continental U.S.

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
For the curious... I got my kit yesterday and installed it this evening.

Like many accessories, for some people it isn't going to be worth the cost to do away with using a hood prop, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've used the Redline products on my other past rides and I like the convenience.

As expected, the quality of the packaging, product, and instructions were excellent; and installation was a snap. Easily took less than an hour to do, if I had skipped the pictures and video it would have been less than 30 minutes.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_171152

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_171733

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_173203_LI

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_173440

OP
OP
casual_reader

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS
For the curious... I got my kit yesterday and installed it this evening.

Like many accessories, for some people it isn't going to be worth the cost to do away with using a hood prop, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've used the Redline products on my other past rides and I like the convenience.

As expected, the quality of the packaging, product, and instructions were excellent; and installation was a snap. Easily took less than an hour to do, if I had skipped the pictures and video it would have been less than 30 minutes.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_171152

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_171733

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_173203_LI

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Struts 20210604_173440

It's like flipping the switch at a glamor mirror. "Tada!"
Sponsored