AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
As far as the hood movement, I have a Badlands model Bronco Sport and it never has suffered from this "Hood Movement". My personal opinion is maybe there is no vibration due to the hood insulation from the factory with the 2.0 engine. See in picture.
I don't know if you could purchase this insulation? The added weight of the hoodscoop hasn't caused any unwanted vibration issues. The Red Line Tuning Hood Shock's really work good along with hoodscoop.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 20210616_150416

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 20210616_142803

View attachment 18705
How about a noise test?! with engine cover on and engine cover off...
? science experiment
Sponsored

OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
AllTerrain…we have had a hood scoop from day one. Now have 20000 miles an no hood vibration what So ever. We did add the underhood insulation pad.
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question AAEEA99C-222C-4E57-9D7C-C2F76FBCAEA2
For those interested in Hood insulation pad did you notice a difference with that?
talking about on the hood itself underneath.

( not engine cover)

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I worry about removal of this scoop if you chose. How difficult, messy and possible damage it would be?

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I worry about removal of this scoop if you chose. How difficult, messy and possible damage it would be?
For me, messy. It is on there tighter than the recommended, so I don’t think I could take it off. I’d assume a new hood.

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have first hand experience with this as the first time my hood scoop was put on it wasn't put on correctly and had to be removed. We found out while going down the highway 70mph and the front started lifting away from the hood. We were able to make it home and I immediately got on the phone. I called the company that makes the hood Scoops and they helped me greatly with exactly what to do. As instructed I used fingernail polish remover and let it soak along the sides of the glue. Then carefully used a plastic putty knife to go along and help pry the scoop away from the hood. I then removed the remaining glue with the polish remover. When I was done I couldn't believe I didn't put a scratch in the black paint. I was very happy. Needless to say the second time it was installed my wife and I did it and we had not had one issue. We just followed the instructions.
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 1st  install fail 1

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 1st install fail 2
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 1st install fail 3

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
If I put a hood scoop on our BS it will be a bolt on not glued on.

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Putty knife, nail polish remover, scrape. Not in most peoples vocabulary. There is no way the paint or clear coat wasn’t damaged. But it’s a bronco sport i guess. I understand

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I'm also considering the hood decal anti glare (wonder if that might also eliminate Hood vibration or not?)
feedback to this would be appreciated!
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question Screenshot_20211220-211445_Chrome
Where can I get this decal?

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
My FE came with hood decals, engine cover, hood insulation …..I added the air defector….still had the hood shakes…..then I added the gas hood lifts and adjusted the bumpers to drop the hood closer to the grill…..seems to be solid now.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
I installed the hood scoop and flares in the first week of ownership. The parts are attached using 3m double faced tape along with a urethane adhesive. I don't think it would be possible to remove them without using some type of solvent. I did notice that the hood had glare and a flutter near the rear, center. The scoop took care of both.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 20220712_194936
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE