AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For those of you who have already installed the hood scoop available. Have you noticed any added or less Hood movement?
Did you install hood scoop yourself?
(took away tremor, vibration?)

Considering installing this and leaving flat matte black anti-glare
Any feedback would be appreciated thank you.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question Screenshot_20211229-103435_Chrome

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question Screenshot_20211220-190738_Chrome

(Thanku for posting pics of your rigs)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm also considering the hood decal anti glare (wonder if that might also eliminate Hood vibration or not?)
feedback to this would be appreciated!
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question Screenshot_20211220-211445_Chrome

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I'm also considering the hood decal anti glare (wonder if that might also eliminate Hood vibration or not?)
feedback to this would be appreciated!
Screenshot_20211220-211445_Chrome.jpg
I have this same decal on my Maverick and it does cut down on glare. Can't say it cuts down on hood vibration.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
For those of you who have already installed the hood scoop available. Have you noticed any added or less Hood movement?
Did you install hood scoop yourself?
(took away tremor, vibration?)

Considering installing this and leaving flat matte black anti-glare
Any feedback would be appreciated thank you.

Screenshot_20211229-103435_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211220-190738_Chrome.jpg

(Thanku for posting pics of your rigs)
For me (silver 2021 BL) glare comes off the raised areas just to either side of where you show hood scoop - the little slope at end towards windshield deflects sun badly if angle is just right. That's where I put matt black vinyl.

OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When test-driving noticed different types of glare and am just considering thinking through the options of solution to it.

Covering the entire hood with matching color flat wrap may be the way to go.
Carbonized gray

Looking forward to anyone with a hood scoop commenting on any application differences due to weight shape aerodynamics?

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My wife and I installed the hoodscoop after there were initial installation issues. We contracted the manufacturer and they walked me through removing it without damage. It went perfectly. We then followed the instructions they provide and did not have any issues correctly installing the hoodscoop. Not hard just take your time and read the instructions.. I did purchase the chalk gun as I did not have the correct size.
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 2nd install us with instructions 2

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 2nd install us with instructions 3

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 2nd install us with instructions 1
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 20210810_115318

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
As far as the hood movement, I have a Badlands model Bronco Sport and it never has suffered from this "Hood Movement". My personal opinion is maybe there is no vibration due to the hood insulation from the factory with the 2.0 engine. See in picture.
I don't know if you could purchase this insulation? The added weight of the hoodscoop hasn't caused any unwanted vibration issues. The Red Line Tuning Hood Shock's really work good along with hoodscoop.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 20210616_150416

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question 20210616_142803

View attachment 18705

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For me (silver 2021 BL) glare comes off the raised areas just to either side of where you show hood scoop - the little slope at end towards windshield deflects sun badly if angle is just right. That's where I put matt black vinyl.
Thanku!

OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My wife and I installed the hoodscoop after there were initial installation issues. We contracted the manufacturer and they walked me through removing it without damage. It went perfectly. We then followed the instructions they provide and did not have any issues correctly installing the hoodscoop. Not hard just take your time and read the instructions.. I did purchase the chalk gun as I did not have the correct size.
2nd install us with instructions 2.jpg

2nd install us with instructions 3.jpg

2nd install us with instructions 1.jpg
20210810_115318.jpg
Wow amazingly helpful response thank you!

OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
As far as the hood movement, I have a Badlands model Bronco Sport and it never has suffered from this "Hood Movement". My personal opinion is maybe there is no vibration due to the hood insulation from the factory with the 2.0 engine. See in picture.
I don't know if you could purchase this insulation? The added weight of the hoodscoop hasn't caused any unwanted vibration issues. The Red Line Tuning Hood Shock's really work good along with hoodscoop.

20210616_150416.jpg

20210616_142803.jpg

View attachment 18705
Thank you for your post

Of all the upgrades I've put on vehicles never considered putting better hood struts. What observations make that better? You can just lift it and it stays up I imagine. Does it offer any other benefit?

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
Thank you for your post

Of all the upgrades I've put on vehicles never considered putting better hood struts. What observations make that better? You can just lift it and it stays up I imagine. Does it offer any other benefit?
It's mainly just convenience - but for me at least, I had a car with gas springs to hold the hood up once and I can't go back. Not that I spend a ton of time under the hood, but still, held open, no prop rod to think about or avoid.

This kit, the Redline springs, do hold the hood up higher than the factory prop rod, they say about 5" higher, so that is another potential benefit.

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you for your post

Exactly what Bobdod said....
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Scoop / Decal Question ResizedP_d14dda6b-859d-4c46-8ebc-c101ab33b150_8077709656291

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4