iowabs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL Area 51
Elsewhere on this forum I have seen mention made Ford deleting things from the hood over the years. While much mention is made of the engine cover or the hood insulation, I saw reference to deletion of weatherstripping. I don’t have it. Does it serve any function besides keeping the elements out? Also, do you have hood bump stops? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Elsewhere on this forum I have seen mention made Ford deleting things from the hood over the years. While much mention is made of the engine cover or the hood insulation, I saw reference to deletion of weatherstripping. I don’t have it. Does it serve any function besides keeping the elements out? Also, do you have hood bump stops? Thanks in advance.
Engine cover has been discontinued. Insulation is trim dependent. Yes, you should have hood bump stops. I’m not sure if the weather stripping has been removed. I wouldn’t have thought so but I don’t know for sure.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Are you referring to these (on both sides)? Cheers!
Ford Bronco Sport Hood deletes Hood Stuff

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I added the hood insulation and side weatherstrips because they were installed on the BS initially and should be there.
Auto manufacturers are saving a few bucks here and there and it adds up. Deleted items year after year. More money is made when we buy the deleted items.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My 2023 Badlands came without the side weatherstripping. I added it. I also added the insulator panel under the hood up by the firewall. Neither were very expensive and took minutes to install.

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx
My 2023 Badlands came without the side weatherstripping. I added it. I also added the insulator panel under the hood up by the firewall. Neither were very expensive and took minutes to install.
Part #s, please

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I see someone has put the link for the hood parts from Angus. These are the ones I used.

Here are the part numbers for the rear fold down headrests in Roast.

Roast color Rear fold down headrests
M1PZ-78611A08-EB
M1PZ-78611A09-EA

bstn rnr

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If anyone is interested I have an engine cover and hood insulator for sale on FB. $65 each.

OP
OP

iowabs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL Area 51
Thanks for he picture. Looks like I have the bump stops but not the weatherstripping.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
If anyone is interested I have an engine cover and hood insulator for sale on FB. $65 each.
You may want to see if you can sell the hood insulator locally. I have seen quotes of $350 to ship that item. I had mine sent to my local Ford dealership for pickup and avoided those shipping costs.

bstn rnr

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You may want to see if you can sell the hood insulator locally. I have seen quotes of $350 to ship that item. I had mine sent to my local Ford dealership for pickup and avoided those shipping costs.
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking it could be rolled up but I'll have to take a closer look.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Wow! When I ordered my hood insulator from an online Ford Parts dealer, shipping was only like $11. Cheers!
Sponsored