Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Getting BS BL any day. I want to drive from dealer lot to Discount Tire, about 1/4 mile away, to have some KO's installed. I want 245/70/17 tires on the stock 17" rims (.17" CARBONIZED GRAY ALUM WHL) but your website won't let me select them.
Welcome to the forum, Dennis and congratulations on the new rig!

My apologies for the troubles with selecting the larger plus size. There are a few steps you will need to take in order to get the 245/70R-17 to populate.

When searching by vehicle and after entering the vehicle details, you will be prompted to select the O.E. tire size. After this has been selected you will see the option to select "see more tire sizes"

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Discount Tire!!! 1648736425675

After selecting "see more tire sizes" go ahead and click 17" and this will populate additional 17-inche sizes. Note, the 245/70R-17 is not an option at this point.

Once the additional 17-inch options are displayed, you'll then need to click "oversized tires"

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Discount Tire!!! 1648736565116

After the "oversized tires" has been selected, you'll see additional plus sizes which includes the 245/70R-17.

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Discount Tire!!! 1648736638655

It's important to note that these larger tire sizes match your original wheel diameter but may require new wheels or fender modifications to prevent rubbing due to the tire height, and may impact speedometer accuracy/vehicle handling.

With the 245/70R-17 size specifically, new wheels are not needed as this tire size is safely run on the factory 17x7 wheels, however some plastic trimming may be needed to avoid tire rub at near full lock of the steering wheel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Getting BS BL any day. I want to drive from dealer lot to Discount Tire, about 1/4 mile away, to have some KO's installed. I want 245/70/17 tires on the stock 17" rims (.17" CARBONIZED GRAY ALUM WHL) but your website won't let me select them.
You won't be able to fit these with out rub. Be aware.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ok, forgive my naïveté, but I like Discount Tire and I like the cool tires people are putting on their Sports. But I’m confused when you do it right when you buy your vehicle.

For example, I have the Michelins on my outer banks. They ride nice but did not do well in mild off-roading. So what do I do with them if I buy new tires?

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Ok, forgive my naïveté, but I like Discount Tire and I like the cool tires people are putting on their Sports. But I’m confused when you do it right when you buy your vehicle.

For example, I have the Michelins on my outer banks. They ride nice but did not do well in mild off-roading. So what do I do with them if I buy new tires?
Great question, and it really boils down to 3 options:

Dispose of the tires
Sell the tires privately
Contact your local store to see if trade-in credit may be available

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon

That's why I try to swap tires as soon as possible. Low mileage Factory take offs will usually net around 400 bucks. That half the cost of the new tires. Easy choice from there.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That's why I try to swap tires as soon as possible. Low mileage Factory take offs will usually net around 400 bucks. That half the cost of the new tires. Easy choice from there.
Damn! I had no idea. And I will tell them my Discount Tire buddy on the forum said I’d get a great deal. ?

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL

May or may not be an option for you, but since I had another escape based SUV with the same sized tires ('08 mariner) it needed tires so I swapped the pirelli tired to it and put 245/65/17 cooper at3 4s on the bsbl. Discount let me put the certs on the factory pirelli's as if they'd sold them

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I went to Discount Tire. Fortuitous timing. Talking to the guy and he made me an offer. The manager walked by said hi and my name and asked what I was doing. I told him about this forum, tire discount being a sponsor, and I’m fact finding. The offer improved somewhat dramatically to the point a no will be hard.

Last edited:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Put about 2k miles on them. I really like the feel on the highway and the slight off road and sand I’ve been on. The guys at my local @Discount Tire really liked the longevity and I wanted a full 30”.
Thanks Gulf! Based on your posts, I went to Discount Tire today. I’m getting those 235/60/18 on my Outer Banks too.

Last edited:

COBroncoFan

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Are you still happy with the 245/65/17 KO2 on the badlands? I'm looking to do the same with mine. How bad was the mpg fall off?
I'm very happy with the tires. Have not noticed any change in the mpg, however your speed is about 1-2 miles per hour faster than what is registering on the speedometer. The ride is smoother than with the factory tires. Haven't had any real snow since they were installed, just have a feeling they will handle well. Hope this helps.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm sorry to learn of the slow leak. If this has not been resolved, and you have a Discount Tire nearby, we'd love for you to stop by so we may take a look. We provide comprehensive tire inspection and repair service free of charge.

To your question, we use compressed air in all the tires we service.

Thank you for letting us get you taken care of and back on the road safely!

Thank you - we appreciate the support!

That's awesome to hear; let him know that we appreciate the referral!

I would say most people sell the OEM tires privately, however our stores will sometimes offer trade-in credit on slightly worn tires. This is handled at the store level; I would encourage you to reach out to your local store directly to see what they may be able to do.
Am I reading this right? Discount Tire offers free tire inspection and repairs? Or is it free only if you buy tires from Discount Tires?

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm very happy with the tires. Have not noticed any change in the mpg, however your speed is about 1-2 miles per hour faster than what is registering on the speedometer. The ride is smoother than with the factory tires. Haven't had any real snow since they were installed, just have a feeling they will handle well. Hope this helps.
Nice set of tires. normally I'm not a fan of white letters on the outside but it looks good on your Bronco. have to keep these tires in mind when I replace factory tires.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Am I reading this right? Discount Tire offers free tire inspection and repairs? Or is it free only if you buy tires from Discount Tires?

You are reading that right :sunglasses:

In addition to free tire inspection and repairs, rotation service is always FREE at Discount Tire for passenger cars and non-dually light trucks, regardless of where the tires were purchased or installed.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I got the 235/60/18 AT3 toyos today. Really nice! They look good with the bronco mud flaps imo.
Sponsored

Last edited: