Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford...

JennyS

Big Bend
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Big Bend
This is my first Ford and will likely be my last. I never had more issues with a vehicle than with this one, and can't stand the dealer I go to anymore. I bought my BS OBX September 2021, and was so excited to have this vehicle, I was in love. I traded in my 2020 Hyundai Kona SEL plus. First issue I came across was the battery issues. I was on the highway at night, 200 miles from home, and every light in the car went out except the headlights, brake light was coming on, scary situation. I pulled over and pulled on the terminals to make sure they weren't loose. the dealer blamed it on me, said I never tightened it after I put aftermarket lights on, that was BS. Then I had a concern with the water pump and asked them to take a look, because I was losing coolant. They said it was fine. A week later, same thing. They tested it and water pump and coolant hose from the reservoir was leaking. Never got good gas milage since the day I drove it off the lot, steady under 20mpg. Had to change my tires before my first inspection, whale noises when I back up, and today took it in for chattering/grinding when turning at low speeds. I need a whole new rear end. For a car almost 2 years old, and almost $40,000, I shouldn't be having this much grief. I'm really sad because I thought this was going to be my favorite car. Wish I never traded my Kona. Definitely buyers remorse, and I don't seem to get much help with my dealer. Thinking about trading it in and getting another Hyundai. I am just tired. This car has been in the shop more than any vehicle I've owned. My 2017 base Elantra is more reliable. I don't think my relationship with ford is salvageable.
😮💨😮💨😮💨

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... 20230825_194845
Also my first Ford and I'm having the same issues on my 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend - the turning/grinding at slow speeds is being fixed right now with contaminated fluid TSB. I had brought it in for an oil change and there was no coolant reservoir and no explanation of what happened to it. It was just mysteriously missing with the coolant. Way too many issues for a car that's two years old. And yes, the battery issue also. Really sucks, I loved this car so but now it's in the shop more than I can drive it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
There are what 250,000 or more Bronco Sports out there driving around? Yes lemons have slipped through defects on some are real and incompetent dealers make problems bigger problems. The vast majority of them are problem free or we would be getting thousands of these my sport is crap posts a day thousands....

For folks with lemons best to trade in for your favorite reliable brand hopefully better luck.

Gents

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Cactus Grey
Good luck! Not really fair to condemn the entire manufacturers line because of one model but whatever.
What do you mean whatever? This guy is paying his car payment like most of us pay ours and he's getting nothing but a headache in return. I'm sure Ford will be okay in spite of the well-earned candor. In fact, Ford's not losing any sleep over stories like this. They should have swapped the car out.

Gents

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Cactus Grey
Such a bummer. You obviously loved it and invested so much in upgrading it. I sometimes think the ‘23 owners should start a Go Fund Me page for the brave 2021 owners who took the leap and bought the first year version of this car that I fell for when I saw theirs on the road.
That's just the unfortunate truth here and yes, he did a nice job with his car it looks great. I've always made it a point to stay off of first-year cars. Even a few second year models- and some of them are just irresistible. Unfortunately, you need to let someone else take it on the chin.

Canuck

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This is my first Ford and will likely be my last. I never had more issues with a vehicle than with this one, and can't stand the dealer I go to anymore. I bought my BS OBX September 2021, and was so excited to have this vehicle, I was in love. I traded in my 2020 Hyundai Kona SEL plus. First issue I came across was the battery issues. I was on the highway at night, 200 miles from home, and every light in the car went out except the headlights, brake light was coming on, scary situation. I pulled over and pulled on the terminals to make sure they weren't loose. the dealer blamed it on me, said I never tightened it after I put aftermarket lights on, that was BS. Then I had a concern with the water pump and asked them to take a look, because I was losing coolant. They said it was fine. A week later, same thing. They tested it and water pump and coolant hose from the reservoir was leaking. Never got good gas milage since the day I drove it off the lot, steady under 20mpg. Had to change my tires before my first inspection, whale noises when I back up, and today took it in for chattering/grinding when turning at low speeds. I need a whole new rear end. For a car almost 2 years old, and almost $40,000, I shouldn't be having this much grief. I'm really sad because I thought this was going to be my favorite car. Wish I never traded my Kona. Definitely buyers remorse, and I don't seem to get much help with my dealer. Thinking about trading it in and getting another Hyundai. I am just tired. This car has been in the shop more than any vehicle I've owned. My 2017 base Elantra is more reliable. I don't think my relationship with ford is salvageable.
😮💨😮💨😮💨

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... 20230825_194845
I haven’t had any problems at all with my OBX. Not a single one. I know lots of people that absolutely hate their Hyundai’s

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I haven’t had any problems at all with my OBX. Not a single one. I know lots of people that absolutely hate their Hyundai’s
I have had 4 Hyundais and never had any serious issues. I had to replace the trans in my current Elantra due to someone draining the tranny instead of oil pan. Honestly most of what I do on that car is maintenance. Suspension and what not.

Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Such a bummer. You obviously loved it and invested so much in upgrading it. I sometimes think the ‘23 owners should start a Go Fund Me page for the brave 2021 owners who took the leap and bought the first year version of this car that I fell for when I saw theirs on the road.
Right!?! Lol, if only!

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It's a crapshoot on vehicles anymore. I bought a 2021 BL used with 7K miles on it. So far no serious issues. Have the start/stop play games a lot, works sometimes, sometimes not. Dealer says the battery is fine.

I have the I phone wireless charging issue. Hardly ever works and the pop ups always appear on the screen, misaligned, etc. Having that issue taken care of with the TSB reprogram in a couple of weeks. We'll see if that's a fix or not.

Some dealers shouldn't be in business. Isn't there another dealer in your area you can go to?

Give them a try. The problems you have are known issues. Maybe once they are taken care of your ownership will be a good one.

You have a nice looking vehicle.
I agree. It is a crap shoot with buying cars in today's world.
I bought our Outer Banks 2 years ago this month. Over 25,000 miles and the only problem has been the mount bolts for the front anti sway bar have come loose twice now. Next time they will be replaced. Even when torqued to specs they work loose. Not sure if it is faulty fasteners or a design flaw. Time will tell after putting in new bolts and Nuts.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
For every one person that complains there are dozens that lover there BS. Thats why they are selling so well. To have bad luck with one and make blanket statement.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I agree. It is a crap shoot with buying cars in today's world.
I bought our Outer Banks 2 years ago this month. Over 25,000 miles and the only problem has been the mount bolts for the front anti sway bar have come loose twice now. Next time they will be replaced. Even when torqued to specs they work loose. Not sure if it is faulty fasteners or a design flaw. Time will tell after putting in new bolts and Nuts.
Have you tried Loctite (or similar)?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
When I was a boy, we had a horse drawn buggy. Most reliable transportation ever!

Everyone should have a horse drawn buggy. Those that don't like them, or claim they are unreliable are haters! They probably did not give their horse enough sweet feed and water, or perhaps they did not keep the axles greased.

Based on my personal experience, buggies are the way to go! :cool:

Last edited:

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
What do you mean whatever? This guy is paying his car payment like most of us pay ours and he's getting nothing but a headache in return. I'm sure Ford will be okay in spite of the well-earned candor. In fact, Ford's not losing any sleep over stories like this. They should have swapped the car out.
I mean whatever. say the entire manufacturers line of vehicles is junk because of one model. Whatever. :rolleyes:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For every one person that complains there are dozens that lover there BS. Thats why they are selling so well. To have bad luck with one and make blanket statement.
Here is a sample:

1) mine no problems yet although I did swap in the revised Manual Park Release cable to get rid of faint noise. Did it myself to avoid incompetent dealer idiots.
2) neighbor bought new Base drove for two years zero issues.
3) neighbor wife bought '22 Badlands a year ago zero issues.
4) neighbor trades in Base for a second Badlands 6 months back now they have two Badlands. Zero issues.
5) neighbor's son buys Big Bend 6 months back zero issues.

So small sample of 5 Bronco Sports no issues. I think the majority of the Sports are problem free.
But some ppl get stuck with lemons moaning brakes, won't start, noise in rear, defective paint rattles, bad transmission, bad rear etc etc etc.

What makes the problems worse is the usually very poor dealer service. Yes good dealers are out there but more exception to the rule. Have to search find good dealers cause majority don't want or are unable to fix anything.
Sponsored