Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires?

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Haha. Makes sense. The stock tires are pretty garbage though. My plan was to eventually buy another set of cheaper wheels and just run the stock tires off season or in between. So as to not waste them. It got me rethinking as well and I caved. ? Glad I did.
Yea i was thinking maybe just asking around and if theres a family in need of tires that happen to be that size give them to them ... make me feel good about spending money
Sponsored

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Oh i understand that reasoning for certain... but in the event you find yourself offroad, tires play a huge role... there are several tires that are a nore offroad capable that have little impact on mpg, noise etc. ... might be worth looking into some at comparisons in your case for something that gets the best of both worlds....
I’ve been looking at the Scorpion All Terrain Plus, seems like those might be the sweet spot between off road capability and ride quality/NVH.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I’ve been looking at the Scorpion All Terrain Plus, seems like those might be the sweet spot between off road capability and ride quality/NVH.
The at plus do look mean... waiting to hear back from a buddy who wns a tire shop on his thoughts - told him basically i want something that has an aggressive look... has decent offroad capability, and good handling on wet road conditions... im aware of all the comparisons online- but im interested in what he has to say and suggest.

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does upgrading to the 245 tires bog down the 1.5l very much or is there a noticeable difference?
I have them and it does feel slightly underpowered now. Especially during initial acceleration. Feels like it needs the bigger engine. But that’s indicative of any larger all terrain tire being added on with an aggressive tread pattern I would imagine. I was going to go with the 235/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W’s anyways, so there would not have been much of a difference stepping up to the 245’s. That’s why I went with the 245’s. If I’m going to do it, might as well do it. ?

rhathlete

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have them and it does feel slightly underpowered now. Especially during initial acceleration. Feels like it needs the bigger engine. But that’s indicative of any larger all terrain tire being added on with an aggressive tread pattern I would imagine. I was going to go with the 235/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W’s anyways, so there would not have been much of a difference stepping up to the 245’s. That’s why I went with the 245’s. If I’m going to do it, might as well do it. ?
Thanks, appreciate the info.. no doubt, go big or go home!

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W’s. Overall, pretty satisfied. Typical drawbacks of AT tires. Let me know if you have any questions.
Mostly new to the tire conversation and looking to swap out the stock Continentals with something that'll get me the same MPG but more confidence on a trail 4 times a year. What would you describe as the typical drawbacks of AT tires?

afizzzzz

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0 Manual/'21 BS BB 4x4 base
noisier and worse mpg

that said... wondering if there is a KO2 that fits on a base Big Bend stock 4x4 with no lift? probably asked a million times and apologies, my wife got her ride on Saturday and way new here. I have them on my Ranger and would love to put some on the BS.

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
noisier and worse mpg

that said... wondering if there is a KO2 that fits on a base Big Bend stock 4x4 with no lift? probably asked a million times and apologies, my wife got her ride on Saturday and way new here. I have them on my Ranger and would love to put some on the BS.
The KO2’s do fit a Big Bend without a lift or leveling kit, but with some rubbing. You have to move/trim some of the fender liner underneath. A couple people have done it with success. All other popular 245/65/17 tires fit with no rubbing under load or articulation. Hope this helps!

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Mostly new to the tire conversation and looking to swap out the stock Continentals with something that'll get me the same MPG but more confidence on a trail 4 times a year. What would you describe as the typical drawbacks of AT tires?
Like someone else mentioned, noise, gas mileage (2-4 mpg loss it seems), breaking (when stepping up tire size), and acceleration would be some of the drawbacks going with an aggressive AT tire. If you need any suggestions, let me know. I’ve done a lot of research already. Hope this helps!

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Like someone else mentioned, noise, gas mileage (2-4 mpg loss it seems), breaking (when stepping up tire size), and acceleration would be some of the drawbacks going with an aggressive AT tire. If you need any suggestions, let me know. I’ve done a lot of research already. Hope this helps!
My biggest concern is the effect on take off and rolling acceleration and power. Woundering how much and how noticeable it is on the 1.5
That's going to be the deciding factor between 245/65's and 235's.

afizzzzz

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0 Manual/'21 BS BB 4x4 base
The KO2’s do fit a Big Bend without a lift or leveling kit, but with some rubbing. You have to move/trim some of the fender liner underneath. A couple people have done it with success. All other popular 245/65/17 tires fit with no rubbing under load or articulation. Hope this helps!
tremendously thank you!
Sponsored