Has anyone installed Aftermarket seat heaters?

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
So one of the items that I compromised on when getting my BB was no heated seats… I loved them in my F-150 and can totally live without them. But I recently came across some aftermarket ones on Amazon. Fairly reasonable in price and was wondering if anyone on here has done this modification.
Sponsored

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
Also, I will say that I also ordered their leather seat covers. They installed right over the heaters and my old seats. They were awesome and looked like they came straight from the factory. So, I did not do any removing of the existing covers to insert the heaters. I am certain that doing that would have been a total pain in the ass.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Also, I will say that I also ordered their leather seat covers. They installed right over the heaters and my old seats. They were awesome and looked like they came straight from the factory. So, I did not do any removing of the existing covers to insert the heaters. I am certain that doing that would have been a total pain in the ass.
Be careful with seat covers. Most vehicle manufacturers advise against them because they can interfere with the seat airbags.

OP
OP
Milehifireguy

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Do you have some before and after photos?

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have some before and after photos?
I really wish I did. I should have taken before and after photos. My FJ was totaled back in November (which is why I am now waiting on my BS). By the way, the airbags worked just fine ;-)

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I've done aftermarket seat heaters in two different vehicles. Bought the same inexpensive set from Amazon.
Had good results with one set and not so good with the other, one heater only works on low.

Once you get past pulling the seat cover off it's pretty easy. I don't know if the BS has hog rings holding on the the seat covers or not, I'd guess not, or the modern style of plastic clips. Plastic clips makes the job much, much easier.

Just remember to pull the negative battery cable before you remove the seat. You don't want the airbags to fire off on you.

Otoh, a couple of years I bought a new car and asked the dealer to add heated seats and it was $500. They sent it to a third party shop. I'd probably do that again rather than do the work myself next time.

Another alternative, you can buy heated seat pads/covers that just plug into a 12v socket. I did that with a Jeep a few years back. They were only twenty bucks but only lasted one season. They did the job.
Sponsored