BSOBX2022

Outer Banks
First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would like to install one on OBX, I live in the city with tight parking and I don’t have depth perception so a front camera would really help. Thanks in advance if you have any tips.
And I know, I should gone with a Badlands ?‍♀
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I would like to install one on OBX, I live in the city with tight parking and I don’t have depth perception so a front camera would really help. Thanks in advance if you have any tips.
And I know, I should gone with a Badlands ?‍♀
That’s one part of the packaging that really confuses me. The camera is available only on Badlands, and yes also without depth perception, that was at least one reason of many I chose a BL. But really it should be optional at least on other trims as well. Also, they should allow for parking sensors on the front, like the escape already has, but are nowhere to be found on the Sport. Good luck with the camera! Sorry I can’t offer any advice though on how to add it. I’d think the wiring would have to be there already, it’d just be buying the camera parts & mounting them, but I’m not really technical to know.

OP
OP

BSOBX2022

Outer Banks
First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s one part of the packaging that really confuses me. The camera is available only on Badlands, and yes also without depth perception, that was at least one reason of many I chose a BL. But really it should be optional at least on other trims as well. Also, they should allow for parking sensors on the front, like the escape already has, but are nowhere to be found on the Sport. Good luck with the camera! Sorry I can’t offer any advice though on how to add it. I’d think the wiring would have to be there already, it’d just be buying the camera parts & mounting them, but I’m not really technical to know.
I wish there were sensors in the front too. I really like the visibility and boxy shape, so that really helps with the lack of depth perception.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wish there were sensors in the front too. I really like the visibility and boxy shape, so that really helps with the lack of depth perception.
Yes! I found it much better than many vehicles nowadays for great visibility. Maybe that’s because they designed it so drivers could spot it well on the trails, but that just helps those of us driving it on city streets too.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
The one blank button on the dash bothers me more than anything! I would get the front camera just for that.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
There are cameras built into license plate frames that should be an easy install. They are marketed as backup cameras but you could mount it up front.

OP
OP

BSOBX2022

Outer Banks
First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There are cameras built into license plate frames that should be an easy install. They are marketed as backup cameras but you could mount it up front.
That's a good idea, I found some on Amazon.

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
I'll throw out the suggestion/recommendation to look at Crutchfield. They've been in the car audio/video business for years. They have a lot of expertise and the customer service is stellar.

https://www.crutchfield.com

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I am having to relearn how to park. My '15 Escape Titanium had (which I traded for my BS OB) and my '19 Ranger has front sensors, which help me park whether in a lot, on the street or my garage. Sensors or a camera would be a nice addition.

coolsan

Outer Banks
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Soooo

bringing this post back to life. I have an OB and I’d love a forward cam. Does anyone know if I can install a forward facing backup cam , connect it to the front camera button and make it work? Would I need ForScan for programming?
Sponsored