RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Spacer lift rides firmer since you’re preloading the spring. Retains most of the factory driving characteristics. Small abrupt bumps/imperfections in the road/trail are going to be more noticeable from this. Regular driving and off-roading is fine with spacers, but do lose some travel. Gives look you want and cheap.
Suspension lift will give you lift height and ride improvement while being able to keep you in the shock/spring sweet spot. You’ll have better ride and handling on and off-road. Won’t allow as aggressive wheel hop like spacers on loose terrain and retains full suspension travel. Gives you the look and ride you want, but pricey.
I’ve been running a spacer lift 6-7 months now in my BL. On road and off-road. If I had to do it again. I would’ve left off the spacers and just added bigger tires while waiting for full suspension options.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Spacer lift rides firmer since you’re preloading the spring.
This simply is not the case, the spring preload is the same with or without a spacer lift. Maybe at some extreme lift there is some preload difference, but I’m not talking about the extremes.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A spacer does exactly what its name implies: it adds space between the top/bottom of the spring and the spring mount. Changing the spring preload requires compressing or decompressing the spring. How does a spacer change the spring preload?

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
A spacer does exactly what its name implies: it adds space between the top/bottom of the spring and the spring mount. Changing the spring preload requires compressing or decompressing the spring. How does a spacer change the spring preload?

This

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Spacer lift rides firmer since you’re preloading the spring. Retains most of the factory driving characteristics. Small abrupt bumps/imperfections in the road/trail are going to be more noticeable from this. Regular driving and off-roading is fine with spacers, but do lose some travel. Gives look you want and cheap.
Suspension lift will give you lift height and ride improvement while being able to keep you in the shock/spring sweet spot. You’ll have better ride and handling on and off-road. Won’t allow as aggressive wheel hop like spacers on loose terrain and retains full suspension travel. Gives you the look and ride you want, but pricey.
I’ve been running a spacer lift 6-7 months now in my BL. On road and off-road. If I had to do it again. I would’ve left off the spacers and just added bigger tires while waiting for full suspension options.
Yes

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0858

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0814

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0819
Sponsored