Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
hope they fix more than that
Since you seem to be in the know, what else is wrong? Would love to hear and understand your concerns.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Well inquisitor, my main gripe is when plugging in my android sync goes into nag mode continually prompting me to activate location for google maps.
Could understand that if I had activated google maps but never have used it. Keeping in mind my phone never prompts for that.
So what do you know about that, if you're in the know.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Well inquisitor, my main gripe is when plugging in my android sync goes into nag mode continually prompting me to activate location for google maps.
Could understand that if I had activated google maps but never have used it. Keeping in mind my phone never prompts for that.
I think the previous poster was simply asking what issues you've experienced, not that he had any answers or was denying any issues exist.

I wondered the same thing, as I don't have my Bronco yet, but intend to use Android Auto when I get it. So hearing about any potential problems ahead of time would be helpful.

OP
OP
Huntyeraws

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
"Inquisitor"?

I posted a post with a link which indicated that some fixes are coming for those that currently have a BS that current owners who might it find helpful. You then replied with a vague "hope they fix more than that" Then I asked that "you seem to be in the know" because your reply made it appear, to me at least, that you have some experience/issue(s) with it but didn't elaborate what they were.

Disclosure - I still haven't received my BS and I have an Android phone. I am not an Android phone expert nor have I ever had to link up a phone with my vehicle before. I was just curious as to what problems you were having. I am not "in the know". I am not associated with the FMC in anyway whatsoever other than having once purchased a new 1989 Mustang GT and currently have an order for a 2021 BS BB.

Sorry that I seem to have bothered you with my rather simple inquiry as to what your issues were. I hope that Ford can eventually resolve them for you.

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
my main gripe is when plugging in my android sync goes into nag mode continually prompting me to activate location for google maps.
Could understand that if I had activated google maps
Odd, mine works fine. Never nags me about anything.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
In my Subaru the Android Auto quits randomly all the time, and it's not shown as an option on the infotainment screen anymore. The only way to fix it is by unplugging an replugging the USB cable, and sometimes that doesn't even work. What I don't know is if it's a problem with the Subaru or an Android problem. Has anyone experienced anything like that in their Bronco? Or any other car for that matter?

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
In my Subaru the Android Auto quits randomly all the time, and it's not shown as an option on the infotainment screen anymore. The only way to fix it is by unplugging an replugging the USB cable, and sometimes that doesn't even work. What I don't know is if it's a problem with the Subaru or an Android problem. Has anyone experienced anything like that in their Bronco? Or any other car for that matter?
I had a similar issue in my Crosstrek, it was specific to that car. Reboot the head unit by holding down the power button until it does a full reboot. I used to have to to this a couple times a week in my Crosstrek.

In my Cherokee, same phone and cables, it mostly works fine, with a different, but minor, bug.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I had a similar issue in my Crosstrek, it was specific to that car. Reboot the head unit by holding down the power button until it does a full reboot. I used to have to to this a couple times a week in my Crosstrek.

In my Cherokee, same phone and cables, it mostly works fine, with a different, but minor, bug.
Thanks. I actually returned the Impreza at the end of it's lease in January. Now my wife and I are just driving her WRX until my Bronco comes in. I just wondered if I should expect the same issue when I get it.

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had the same issue in my BS. Android auto disappears from the screen, have to unplug and plug back in to get it to show up again. Kind of annoying.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I've had the same issue in my BS. Android auto disappears from the screen, have to unplug and plug back in to get it to show up again. Kind of annoying.
That sucks. It sounds like it's an Android Auto issue then, which is super frustrating. I seemed to experience most when navigating with Maps and using another audio program, like Spotify or a podcast app, at the same time.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That sucks. It sounds like it's an Android Auto issue then, which is super frustrating. I seemed to experience most when navigating with Maps and using another audio program, like Spotify or a podcast app, at the same time.
At least they promise a fix is coming soon.

mtrm100

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
BS Badlands - I'm having issues with the Android Auto after getting a new android phone. It just won't link to the display. I have tried everything including a factory reset and reboot. I have tried new cords but nothing and it keeps telling me to connect a USB when it's already connected. It never worked well with my old phone - kept going in and out. I'm so over this system. I'm about to make an appointment to see if the dealership can fix it.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
BS Badlands - I'm having issues with the Android Auto after getting a new android phone. It just won't link to the display. I have tried everything including a factory reset and reboot. I have tried new cords but nothing and it keeps telling me to connect a USB when it's already connected. It never worked well with my old phone - kept going in and out. I'm so over this system. I'm about to make an appointment to see if the dealership can fix it.
Sadly, I think it's an issue with Android Auto. It basically only works when it works. Then it doesn't. I have seen reports of people having trouble with it in lots of different cars.
Sponsored