Google officially announces Android auto fix for SYNC3

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Apparently I kissed a lucky penny. I have a Google pixel 4A w android. I have Google maps but use the Waze app as it is better at smart finding solutions to traffic issues and alerts for cops with user active interface. No issues to date, logged 2500 miles mostly highway across the state and into the state south of me...used it once for a call to my daughter, no issues and she has a fruit phone. The android auto seems fine. I had installed the sync 3 update, so far so good.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
In my Subaru the Android Auto quits randomly all the time, and it's not shown as an option on the infotainment screen anymore. The only way to fix it is by unplugging an replugging the USB cable, and sometimes that doesn't even work. What I don't know is if it's a problem with the Subaru or an Android problem. Has anyone experienced anything like that in their Bronco? Or any other car for that matter?
This happens in my BB all the time. I would say it's just Android Auto in general, but I had a loaner EcoSport while the BB was in the shop. Never had one single issue. Sometimes my Sport will go for an hour or more and no issue, sometimes it cuts off two seconds after I plug in. Sad to hear it happens on other makes and models.. just gives Apple lovers one more thing to brag about

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This happens in my BB all the time. I would say it's just Android Auto in general, but I had a loaner EcoSport while the BB was in the shop. Never had one single issue. Sometimes my Sport will go for an hour or more and no issue, sometimes it cuts off two seconds after I plug in. Sad to hear it happens on other makes and models.. just gives Apple lovers one more thing to brag about
Interestingly, I have a Google pixel, haven't had any issues with android auto at all. Not sure why, maybe it's proprietary google firmware.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Interestingly, I have a Google pixel, haven't had any issues with android auto at all. Not sure why, maybe it's proprietary google firmware.
Pixel 4a user here. Can confirm, the Pixel is not any better off if your vehicle has this issue.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My Badlands occasionally has this problem, but not nearly as often as my Subaru did. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e, which I also used in the Subaru. I think problems occur most often when using Spotify, and especially when using Spotify and Google Maps at the same time. But, definitely need to emphasize that it is actually kind of a rare problem now. Most of the time it works.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My Badlands occasionally has this problem, but not nearly as often as my Subaru did. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e, which I also used in the Subaru. I think problems occur most often when using Spotify, and especially when using Spotify and Google Maps at the same time. But, definitely need to emphasize that it is actually kind of a rare problem now. Most of the time it works.
I don't use Spotify nor google maps. I use waze and Sirius/XM only. You may have a point.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't use Spotify nor google maps. I use waze and Sirius/XM only. You may have a point.
Honestly, I think my issues likely stem from Spotify. The app kinda sucks, and causes all sorts of other random issues. Fore example, sometimes it just doesn't want to work. Tapping on the Spotify icon just gives me a black screen with a note that says "Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now." Or sometimes when I'm listening to Spotify, I'll get a text message, and play it. Well the music keeps playing in the background while Android is reading the text, and when it asks me if I want to reply it can't hear what I'm saying because the music is still playing.

So I'll try using different combinations of music apps and navigation apps to see if I can attribute it more to one than the other.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Honestly, I think my issues likely stem from Spotify. The app kinda sucks, and causes all sorts of other random issues. Fore example, sometimes it just doesn't want to work. Tapping on the Spotify icon just gives me a black screen with a note that says "Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now." Or sometimes when I'm listening to Spotify, I'll get a text message, and play it. Well the music keeps playing in the background while Android is reading the text, and when it asks me if I want to reply it can't hear what I'm saying because the music is still playing.

So I'll try using different combinations of music apps and navigation apps to see if I can attribute it more to one than the other.
To add more confusion to th mix, I've had this happen for months before ever using Spotify. Sometimes it would happen with YouTube Music, sometimes just with running the YouTube app in background in my phone and playing that way. I will try and disable the Google Map feature as it automatically populates when Android Auto launches. I'll post any updates, but I'm not holding my breath as this seems to be one of those daily problems for some, rare occurrence for others.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
To add more confusion to th mix, I've had this happen for months before ever using Spotify. Sometimes it would happen with YouTube Music, sometimes just with running the YouTube app in background in my phone and playing that way. I will try and disable the Google Map feature as it automatically populates when Android Auto launches. I'll post any updates, but I'm not holding my breath as this seems to be one of those daily problems for some, rare occurrence for others.
Hey John, are you saying that it would happen when using YouTube Music or YouTube alone, or while also using Google Maps?

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I Use Waze and podcast addict mostly. Never had a dropout issue

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey John, are you saying that it would happen when using YouTube Music or YouTube alone, or while also using Google Maps?
Yes to both. I spent a month TDY at Fort Knox when I didn't have Spotify and I only used YouTube playlist or YouTube music. Unless my Google Maps natively runs in the background (it might, I've not checked in depth), I had dropout issues with both YouTube music and Audio In via Type-C, though it seems to be happening at a more frequent rate with Spotify.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes to both. I spent a month TDY at Fort Knox when I didn't have Spotify and I only used YouTube playlist or YouTube music. Unless my Google Maps natively runs in the background (it might, I've not checked in depth), I had dropout issues with both YouTube music and Audio In via Type-C, though it seems to be happening at a more frequent rate with Spotify.
Interesting. So I use type C, but not the other options. You might be right, google maps may be running in the background ( I am almost positive there is a setting on the phone to pause it when not in use. Also wonder if spotify/YouTube music are such large consumers it's causing a platform issue....hmmm. our tech guys once said wifi is a highway. Microsoft devices used SUV lanes, apple used double wide bus lanes...mixing the two on the highway caused a lot of jams. While not the same here, makes me wonder if each app is causing similar dysfunction on the infotainment processor.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
well this is an interesting thread. I have had this issue on both the Escape and the Bronco....I thought it was the usb-c Cable as I have a few different cables and some have disconnect issues but one particular cable does not. maybe its just blind luck it doesnt happen with that one...shrug. glad to hear its a more widespread issue that Google is acknowledging and working to fix.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
So a new interesting problem has snuck up...now when I answer a phone call I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. But if I call someone everything works fine. So basically my car is a giant pager now.
Sponsored