EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I can't stand this gloss black extra soft plastic trim along the sides of all the glass on these - it's so easy to scratch...mine was getting pretty bad, and think I made it worse - I used Plastx on it, and it's WAY worse looking now...still scratched, but now looks like it has waxy residue on it.....any suggestions to make this look better? Has anyone painted it or wrapped it in vinyl or anything like that?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Had clear Paint Protection Film (PPF) applied to all of the black piano plastic including the part on the rear tailgate. The scratches did not need to be removed before the PPF was applied because scratches were hidden and no more scratches can occur. The black plastic still looks great after almost 2 years.

OP
OP
EARLSAYS

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Had clear Paint Protection Film (PPF) applied to all of the black piano plastic including the part on the rear tailgate. The scratches did not need to be removed before the PPF was applied because scratches were hidden and no more scratches can occur. The black plastic still looks great after almost 2 years.
Where did you buy it?

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I can't stand this gloss black extra soft plastic trim along the sides of all the glass on these - it's so easy to scratch...mine was getting pretty bad, and think I made it worse - I used Plastx on it, and it's WAY worse looking now...still scratched, but now looks like it has waxy residue on it.....any suggestions to make this look better? Has anyone painted it or wrapped it in vinyl or anything like that?
They have this carbon fiber look at eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266132277530

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm surprised you had an issue with PlastX. I've been using this product on my car for coming up on two years now with no issues. I've used it for years on everything from plastic motorcycle fairings to plexiglass face shields.

OP
OP
EARLSAYS

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'm surprised you had an issue with PlastX. I've been using this product on my car for coming up on two years now with no issues. I've used it for years on everything from plastic motorcycle fairings to plexiglass face shields.
ME TOO!!!! Twenty years, no issues, and then, this.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@EARLSAYS

We are working on the last details to get the PPF ( Protection Film) and wraps (single color or custom) ready to go.

Luis :cool:
Thank you for this!!! Can't wait to wrap mine and stop worrying about them.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
This worked well enough for me
Ford Bronco Sport Gloss black pillar trim Screenshot_20231106_101544_Amazon Shoppin
Agreed. I use a similar product, Turtle Wax Polishing Compound, on mine. I agree with the original poster here, the plastic trim panels are a trouble to keep perfectly glossy... but that's a tradeoff Ford made to keep our cars reasonably lightweight and affordable. One key I've noticed with the polishing compound: it's a help to keep it pretty wet when using it. I spritz the area a couple times with pure water spray from an old windex bottle, while rubbing out the panel... then do a final buff with a towel. Finally a quick coat of wax or spray wax detailer. Poof... spider web scratches all gone.

karacakes

Outer Banks
First Name
Kara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
XPel Ultimate Paint Protection Film 8mm - 10 Year Warranty was professionally applied at a shop
Thank you for sharing this! Mine came pre-scratched straight from the dealership which has truly disappointed me. I actually found a shop in my town that has this so I am going to call them tomorrow to see if I can get this on mine!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing this! Mine came pre-scratched straight from the dealership which has truly disappointed me. I actually found a shop in my town that has this so I am going to call them tomorrow to see if I can get this on mine!
Perhaps ask your shop their opinion that PPF will completely cover the scratches - I was a skeptic but the shop guy where I went just laughed bc he knew it would. I don’t know if the type and thickness of the PPF makes the difference to hide the scratches in the black piano plastic.

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
I also had mine covered with protection film, but the shop polished out all the scratches and then covered them, they look new still, it’s been over a year.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
@EARLSAYS

We are working on the last details to get the PPF ( Protection Film) and wraps (single color or custom) ready to go.

Luis :cool:
Definitely keep me up to date!
It would be great if you did a kit with the A, B, C, D pillars and the trim behind the rear doors. No one has done that with clear ppf.
Sponsored